King's Bluff Loop Trail

King's Bluff Loop Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Sand Gap, AR that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and camping and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Both the Pedestal Loop and the King's Bluff Loop Trails are accessed from the Pedestal Rocks Trailhead.

It was one of the most beautiful places i have been.... kings bluff was awesome and Pedestal rock was breath taking and a wonder to see. The arch was really neat area as well. We never found the caves. I would have gave it 5 stars if the loop had a better sign to the parking lot coming from the arch.... we did the loop twice because when we came to the end and one sign said pedestal rock and one said kings bluff sooooo we took trail to the right expecting it to be the parking lot.... lol lesson learned and a wonderful hike through

Great trail with beautiful waterfalls! You definitely need to pair this trail with the Pedestal Rock trail since they are so short.

A great hike with great views but I'd recommend going in the fall or winter. The trail was pretty narrow and ticks were everywhere.

This is a pretty easy trail to hike; the way back (with the bluff view) was slightly harder as you're doing a bit more of an incline. I recommend taking a bottle of water. We went in the spring after recent rainfall so the falls were going pretty well. It is challenging to see them because they fall right over the bluff you're standing on, meaning you have to get at an angle to view them better. As another reviewer said, watch out for the slippery rock (even when you're behind the fence). Also, the trail through the forest to the falls gets very wet and soggy after rain, so wear boots then.

Beautiful and easy trail. The waterfall was flowing but not much, which was surprising with some of the rains we've had lately. Take note, the ticks are already out in full force. Even with bug spray we found a couple crawling on our arms.

This trail leads to a very nice waterfall area. There are awesome views along the bluff line as you complete the loop counterclockwise.

Easy trail, relaxing and good view!

Great hike. Beautiful views. Be careful on the bluff. It can get very slick.

This is a great place to spend the day. The waterfall is the second largest in Arkansas (I think). Enjoy beautiful views and waterfalls. Don't miss out on this hike! Trail was a bit muddy at some parts, advise wearing shoes you don't mind getting nasty.

Beautiful

I did this with my daughter and her dog the day before Thanksgiving. Saw a few folks on the trail, but had the pedestal area all to ourselves the whole time we were there. Beautiful area! It has been about a dozen years since I last did this hike, and I had forgotten how nice the area is. I didn't do it this trip, but I plan on returning and working my way down to the foot of the falls.

Beautiful hike. However, due to the recent rains were several places very muddy and even standing in water. But these places were easily side stepped and did not deter from the trail at all. They can be slippery though. Easy hike with an amazing variety of views. Definitely going back when the fall color is at it's peak.

Easy and quick trail with beautiful views. Wish there was better access to the waterfalls. Probably not a trail for small children as the bluffs are very steep and sheer.

Hiked this trail Jan 18 2015. Beautiful day and perfect hike. It was an easy hike with beautiful views. We hiked this after the Pedestal Rock Loop.

I did this trail in May 2014. fantastic but covered in poison ivy! lots of blackberries too!

To be honest, this wasn't one of my favorite areas, which is disappointing since it's one of the highest falls in the state. The "trail" isn't really marked and the path is a very narrow path that is nearly being taken over by weeds. There's a sign warning of a high cliff area, but you also need to be aware that the creek runs basically level with the high cliff, so the cliff WILL be slick. I took three steps before falling right on my back. A warning sign about the slick cliff would be nice. On top of that, there are barriers on the edge of the cliff, but one of the barriers is missing, which is VERY unsafe considering how slick the cliff is. If you take kids on this trail, MAKE SURE to keep them by your side. There is a trail that leads down to the bottom of the falls, but once you get to the bottom of the trail, you will need to bushwack in order to find the bottom of kings bluff falls. I could see it but couldn't find an easy way to get to it. There are a few smaller falls at the bottom. On the way back, I thought I was taking the correct trail, but somehow managed to exit the trail from the exact same place I entered. I do many bushwacking trails, so I was use to what I dealt with here, but before I went...I was expecting a relaxing and well marked trail, which I did not get.

Went end of March 2013 before forest bloomed out so still a winter forest landscape, but the view from over the falls area was nice. Main trail was a good short trail for beginner adults - would use caution taking children to the overlook and not all of it is guarded and could be dangerous if they run around much. But fine trail if supervised at the falls area. Three ladies went of all fitness levels and was not problem. Two of us hiked the unofficial trail below the falls (not marked, slippery when wet, but a great way to boost the effort of the day). Went just after rains and the falls were flowing. Very small trailhead parking, but good facilities at TH and a picnic table for lunch after. Did not do the adjoining Pedestal Rocks this trip as we had planned a 2 miler especially for this team.

My husband and I hiked this trail in October which was beautiful! The views from the bluffs were amazing at the end, but unfortunately the falls were dry. We'll definitely be returning after some good rain. We looped this trail with the Pedestal Rocks trail which was a pretty satisfying hike! I blogged about our adventure here: http://www.adventuresintheozarks.com/2013/11/king-bluff-trail-and-waterfall-in.html