Iron Mountain Blue Trail

Iron Mountain Blue Trail is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Arkadelphia, AR that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I set out for this place figuring I would have to run around the "1.2 mile loop" it is described as being, a few times. What I found out was that there are actually three trail systems that link together to form the iron mountain trails. I ran the blue trail show on the picture I uploaded and it was between 2.5 and 2.7 miles long. Either the description of the trail is old and needs updated or they have since added onto the old trails.

I thought the trails we well maintained with plenty of spots to be able to open up with some speed, either in foot or on a bike, and a few spots that were rocky or had switchbacks that would take a bit of skill to navigate. It was nice to be near enough to the lake on the blue loop to be able to see the sunrise reflecting off of it. I wish I had had known the distances of the trails and different loops so I could have judged if I had enough time to do more but I settled for the blue loop and it was ok.