Indian Rock House Self-guided Nature Trail

Indian Rock House Self-guided Nature Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Yellville, Arkansas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

cave

The Indian Rock House is a loop trail that winds across hillsides and along a beautiful stream to the spectacular Indian Rockhouse Cave, which once sheltered prehistoric bluff-dwelling Native Americans (there are no "ruins" at the site). It then returns to the trail head passing the CCC rock quarry, used to build the park buildings.

Hiked this wonderful trail last weekend. Trails well maintained . Beautiful views and several unexpected pleasant surprises along the way. Highly recommend it.

The best hike in the buffalo river area. It was amazing. I recommend this one

One of the most beautiful trails I have ever experienced. While this is listed as a moderately strenuous trail, my children aged 11 and 6 were able to hike the entire thing with no trouble. We like to make many stops, though, to take in everything around us and take pictures, so the entire hike took us about 4-5 hours. We could easily have taken more time - there is so much to see!
When we went, the waterfall was at low water and the creek was not running in most places, and the adventure was still fun and scenic. The small cave was a nice cool-off on an 85-degree day, and the large cave was breathtaking. The fall colors were beautiful.
The way out is steep, and the very last twenty or so steps of the "switchbacks" is a tough scramble on loose soil. You'll get your cardio! On the way down, the trail has lots of large, loose stones, so I would recommend hiking boots or shoes with good ankle support.
I can hardly wait to hike this again when the water is running high.

Has sum great views especially overlook trail on the other side but indian house is beautiful and fun to explore its quite n easy trail either way especially if ya take it slow n stay on trail

Water falls! Dog friendly! Caves! So much to look at!
Only down fall was there was so many spiders.

This trail is a cool place to see a lot of things. The cave, the old quarry, the old abandoned zinc mine, just to name a few. The scenery is great year around.

We loved this trail. Exploring the caves was fun and more than we expected them to be. We saw three types of salamander among other interesting creatures. The river isn't far away so enjoyed cooling off in the water once we were finished hiking. Great hike, will be coming back for more. Highly recommend.

Great hike!

This was a great place to hike, our family had a really great time

Great trail. Took about 2.5 hrs while taking in the sights as well. Should be fun to do on a hot day since the temp in Rockhouse cave drops significantly. Trail is very shaded. Saw very few people while out.

This is about the best trail I've ever been on. I loved the area around the Indian Rock house, the waterfall. Saw only a couple people on the trail but I am sure its crowded in summer. We went weekday May2. Will wait till fall to go again. Sign said no dogs but we took them anyway. Also walked the other trails in park.

Loved it.