Indian Creek Trail

Indian Creek Trail is a 4.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Jasper, Arkansas that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

canoeing

cave

Indian Creek trail is known for the most accidents in the Buffalo River trail system. To reach the falls you must scramble through a rocky creek, at times wading through water or you must travel on the sheer edge of a high bluff, or a combination of the above. The reward is in the scenery .

A great experience with a group of hikers. It was very challenging and the climb was difficult for me but worth it. The eye of the Needle was amazing.

Great trail. The road to it is a lot of fun.

I loved this trail. It was relatively easy to follow since the water was low and we could stay in and around the creek bed for most of the hike. There are several spots to stop off and explore the rocks and crannies. There are at least 6 waterfalls along the way. Once you reach the waterfall at the end climb up the ropes on the right for an awesome view and the path to get back to the Eye of the Needle. For this hike I suggest bringing a snack and wearing comfortable, durable shoes as there are lots of slick spots and places you could twist an ankle. We stopped and explored a little and it took us roughly 5 hours to make the entire trip there and back.

Great trail, moderate in difficulty. There's a trail on either side if the creek so you can't get lost.

Difficult but well worth it! Visiting the eye is extremely rewarding.

Not a difficult hike, dry weather impacts the creek so be aware of weather trends.

Difficult and so worth it! This made me believe that I was supposed to be out there tackling trails on my own.

Absolutely one the must see locations on the planet!

Very good hike loved it will go back

One of my favorites. This is a difficult climb, especially when it's wet. The lower portion is absolutely beautiful, even if you don't make the climb up to the eye near the end.

Absolutely beautiful trail. The only scary part was getting up to the eye of the Needle but we left the red rope behind to make it a lil easier for others. We enjoyed it so much.

The trail is a bit tricky to follow. If the water is low, you can just follow the creek. Takes the full day if you really explore it. You can also make your way to the top of the "eye of the needle" waterfall at the end if go around the left side.

Great hike and beautiful forested canyon area. I'd rate it as moderate when the creek is running low and ground is dry, but after a good rain I would call it a much more difficult hike and put it in the strenuous category. Some of the areas contain challenging obstacles when the creek is running high and ground is wet/muddy. Not a maintained trail through here so involves some route finding. Apparently the most injuries occur in here and after good rain I'd believe it.

This trail leads to The Eye of The Needle which is a whole way up in the bluffs that's over the little waterfall and pool. This trail mostly follows the creek and if you ever lose the trail on the side of the creek bed, just step down into the mostly dried up creek bed and hike your way back. Once you get to the end, there's are some sketchy ropes tied to trees sticking out of the steep rocky face on the right. I saw a few people traverse this portion to get a better look of the Eye of The Needle, but I wasn't brave enough to trust the ropes. Cool hike in the shade of lots of trees.