Hunt's Loop Trail

Hunt's Loop Trail is a 4.4 mile loop trail located near Jessieville, AR and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, fishing, and canoeing and is accessible year-round.

canoeing

Great hike, well marked trail. At the beginning we went up to vista first, steep hike up and am glad did this first. Was a cloudy day and view was limited. Hunting season and later found out is recommended to wear orange hat for safety.

Close to home so have hiked many times. Very well marked and always a great hike.

This is a trail that is very close to home for me, so I've been on it countless times. This is a good loop for how close to home it is, but if you're coming from far away, there are better trails. There is really only one scenic point on the loop. Going clockwise, the section after the vista is nice. There aren't any amazing views, but you get a nice, easy hike across the mountain to the OT intersection.

Depending on which way you go will determine how difficult this trail is. If you are looking for more easier hike, I wouldn't recommend going counter-clockwise. Going clockwise will take you up the steep side of the mountain, which is a strenuous workout.

We didn't have time to complete the whole trail, so we went straight up to the vista and back down. Definitely a good work out by the time we got to the top. Even though it was July with the tree canopy it was pretty comfortable. However... We must have ventured in during national tick day or something because I counted no less than 25 by the time I made it down. 1 hour hiking, 2 de-ticking. Plan accordingly.

I actually liked this one quite a bit. Not very challenging but some pretty nice views.

Not the most exciting trail but it's a beautiful view at the top.

not a good hike was right next to highway 7 for 1.5 Miles hunt trail not marked when u met up with ouachita trail and flat wilderness trail. maybe in the spring with water running

A good trail. Definitely moderate. My 8 year old son and I did it in about 3 hours but we did stop for lunch on the trail. Very pretty.

This was my second trail of 2015, and glad I took the time complete this one that resides just north of Jesseville, AR. My "Map My Ride/Fitness" app on smartphone gave a total distance of 4.2 versus the 4.8 noted on the description. Not real sure which is most accurate. I power-hiked this trail and finished it in 1 hour 18 minutes (around 19 min/mile). From the parking lot trail head on State Rt 7, the trail had a gradual incline to about the 2 mile mark, before doing multiple switchbacks on the a steep fairly rocky slope back down to the 3 mile mark. The footing is good, but forces you to keep your eyes down a bit steer clear of rocks. The last mile was more sure footed and a calm finish to nice trail. I'll do it again sometime!

Awesome hiking trail! I wanted to track the trail out with my phone but the mountains prevent service. It is not an easy trail by any means and I
Wouldn't suggest it for children. Hills are steep and you have to cross river beds, etc. All around awesome! Go and enjoy!

Fantastic beautiful trail. My favorite part was when it joined the Ouachita trail. However we went in july and there was lots of poison ivy.

This was the first trail i hiked on purpose! I think I went backwards but it was really enjoyable. The thing I liked was that it ties into the OT which I hiked a couple of miles on the same day also.

Trail was nice, wasn't to impressed with the Vista View on top of the mountain but it was acceptable. Came across a little pond about the size of a house that had goldfish in it which was surprising and different. Very nice.