Whitaker Point Trail (Hawksbill Crag)

Whitaker Point Trail (Hawksbill Crag) is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Deer, AR that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

The trail's destination is the "Crag", a rock formation that juts out from the bluff's face that resembles a hawk's beak. It overlooks Whitaker Creek and a huge valley stretching for a long distance. but this is not all, in the spring and fall rainy season you can discover a number of waterfalls.

fantastic views, great for photography, very busy though, too crowded, still worth going to though on a weekday. great hike if you can get some privacy!

Another cool spot! The drive up the parking area was interesting and then you had a relatively easy hike out and back. Looked like a great place to make camp this spring.

Crappy road, Short easy hike, and then one of the most amazing places I've been too in the Midwest.

beautiful view, great in the fall

Easy hike to the boulder which reminded me of Lion King! Be cautious on the boulders as there were reports of people falling off... and

Nervous we were going the wrong way when the dirt trail got narrow, skinny, and passed a few houses. It is the right way though and it was well worth the hike and the view. Hike to Whitaker point is about 35-40min and we did come across several groups of people throughout the hike.

Well worth getting out early to catch sunrise.

First moderate hike that I can recall after months of inactivity. My husband and I took our time and we handled the ups and downs fine. Great view and we'd do it again.

The only drawback is the road you must travel to get to the trailhead...after turning onto the dirt road, my husband and I were so relieved that we had drove our truck.

Nice hike, plan on crowds though, everyone knows about it and this time of the year, it's a little over packed with people. If you go in the spring, less crowded. and early. But so worth the hike and the views of the colors and the rock formations. Great hike! Was easy but slight climb the last quarter mile out.

This was my first hiking experience and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I took my 17 yo son and 5 month old dog and it was perfect. Not too long and so much to see and explore. Be careful for the drop offs. If you don't pay attention, you can fall several feet off the side. That's probably why they want dogs on a leash. This trail was perfect for us beginners. I'm hooked.

The hike is okay but the view at the end is worth it. A must do in the area.

A breathtaking view all along the bluff side of the trail! I won't lie, taking my children with me on this one was fun, but very stressful. There are many places where a misstep will lead to certain death. The bluffs have lots of holes and crevices making them very fun to play/climb on, but with much caution. My son was five when we hiked this trail, and I had him on a kid leash (which he hated). This is a very easy hike with one steep valley and a beautiful little creek. We did lose the trail returning, and upon topping a steep hill, came out on another road (not the one with the trailhead where we parked). That was a bit unnerving, but we eventually found our way to the car.

Great hike but not for small kids or people unsteady on their feet. Vista was beautiful!!

Trail was great. We carried our kids, and it was easy. Very busy. I wanted to go on the crag and take in the views from the edge but people were picnicking on the crag and there was no room to even walk on it. We waited for almost 45 mins to walk on the crag and get a photo but nobody got up or was finished with their lunch. It was pretty terrible. Crag looked pretty from afar, but too many people.