Delta View Trail

Delta View Trail is a 2.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Star City, AR that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options.

We have hiked this trail twice this year. Both times we hiked in and camped then hiked out getting ready to hike the Buffalo River Trail. We enjoyed both trips and plan do to it many more times......maybe take the grandkids next time!

This trail is enjoyable if you are hiking merely for hiking's sake. The wooded section isn't very scenic, especially given the lack of water during this time of year. Also, there is a 4 mile section on the lake levee that is very, very boring. It is just a relatively straight path of mowed grass. If you do this hike, do it backwards. Do the levee first and end in the woods. The park staff were helpful and suggested likewise. Last, make sure to have sunscreen as the levee section has no shade. I would be careful if you are biking, this trail was not well maintained in the woods.

I saw a bunch of wild boar here, and there are also deer in the area. The state park land connects to some people's yards, so I also saw a pack of little dogs running around in the woods.

This is one of my favorite trails by proxy; it's about 25 minutes from my house. With a lack of scenic places to MTB in south AR, it's a gem. As the previous reviewer stated, this is a very well maintained and well blazed trail. There are some variations on the trail in terms of it's length. There is also a shorter 2.5 mile loop called the Delta Trail.

You will almost always see wildlife, especially on a bike. You tend to run up on animals quicker than on foot. With that said, be careful! There is a large population of wild hogs in these woods. They tend to keep themselves and seem to be somewhat used to people on the trail. However, you can easily ride up and get between a mother and her babies before you realize it. Of course, you can almost always see deer depending on the time of year.

Well maintained but right after large storms, it can be very trashy (EVERY thing I have ever broken on my bike has been done at Cane Creek; 1 tire, 2 chains, and 2 derailleurs). The volunteers that take care of this trail do a great job and are typically quick to respond to broken bridges, etc. It is a 15.5 mile loop but if you're biking, I highly recommend you do it out and back style to about the 8.5 mile mark at highway 114. After this, you are riding/hiking the highway and the levee for the most part. Very flat for biking and not extremely scenic. However, the first 8 miles are very scenic, nice climbs, nice downhills. If you are within 50 miles or so, it's worth checking out.

I am CptnTrips on YouTube. You can find my GoPro videos of this trail as well as my last encounter with the wild hogs. Here are two of the Cane Creek videos I have up.

I was shocked at the trail. So smooth and well maintained. The trail is very well blazed. Saw an abundance of deer and a few wild hogs. There are several up and downs, but nothing bad. Very nice and sturdy wooden bridges and three suspension bridges.

The backpacking shelter was very nice. I opted to sleep in a hammock. The high was 85 during the day, which dropped to 45 with the cold front and rain. I heard coyotes off in the distance. We had one armadillo pay a visit in the middle of the night.

We used the lake to refill out water supply. We did filter it. The trail can be completed in one day, but was more fun staying at the shelter.

Overall a very good trail. I will frequent this trail. Great views of the lake.

I also mountain biked the trail. It was a blast. Several drops to get some good speed on. Just make sure you get on the brakes before crossing the wooden bridges. They can get slick with a little rain and trail debris on them.

It was recommended to turn around at the third suspension bridge. The levee is a major tire sucker. Be prepared to do some peddling. Overall, fun trail to ride. We rode it the day after it rained. No mud holes, well packed, and it drains well.

I really enjoyed this trail. At 15.5miles, it's a bit strenuous for beginners and some of the hills are steep enough you'll find yourself walking up them. Even still, very enjoyable day ride. Pack a lunch, bring plenty of water, take it easy and complete the loop in 5-6hours.

1 recommendation, ride the course in reverse; start with the pavement and levy finishing on the forest trail. It's not pleasant finishing the loop on the levy. Trust me, I know.