Crack in the Rock Trail

Crack in the Rock Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Van Buren, Arkansas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Crack in the Rock trail is a 1.5 mile walk along parts of creek,through the woods to a bluff line with a nice crevass and moss covered rock formations

Beautiful, not too difficult hike. Would definately recommend going!

Doc and I hiked all three trails that start from this trailhead, and, while this isn't a super-challenging wilderness adventure, I believe this is some of the best AR offers. The Lee Creek Reservoir is easy to find and get to, and you can't miss the trailhead. The trails are easy to follow, easy enough for kids, but still fun for someone in good shape. You'll see a waterfall (in season), neat geological features, great views of the reservoir, and get some history in as well.

As one reviewer noted (sort of), there is an abundance of ticks, even in January. Spray up, and do a thorough check of all participants when you get home!

Nice vista on Bodine Cemetery trail. Sparsely traveled. Paths were well marked for the most part.

Easy

SEED TICKS EVERYWHERE

Every time we go here we get covered in ticks. They don't take care of the trails. Will never go back there.

Easy trail. Beautiful view on top of the hill.

Had a great early morning hike with my dog. There are a few spots that were a little overgrown, but all in all an easy hike. Well marked, so I always knew where I was going and some amazing views and scenery. We will be back tk explore more.

The wife and I hiked it over the weekend and enjoyed the scenery.

Very pretty scenery. There is a beautiful scene off the Bodine cemetery trail. Nice sitting spot when you get to the top.

hiked this trail yesterday. we had multiple adults and children who had never hiked before so this was a good trail to do. the kids had fun exploring and climbing rocks we felt it was a fairly easy trail to do as we have been hiking be careful for all the tree roots though.

the park remains closed but easy walk down to the trailhead from parking area though it's back uphill when you come out

Park is closed for repairs but trails are still accessible.

When you enter the trail you are immediately immersed and it's a very welcoming feeling. Very clean and well marked. Great place to take the family.

Great scenery and good exersise. It has historical artifacts along it and the view of the reservoir is beautiful. I saw geese, a turkey vulture and a rabbit.

This trail is so pretty and has several things to see right off the main trail. The waterfalls were very pretty! By the big waterfall it looks like there is a homeless person living there so it was a bit scary, but overall amazing for our location.

nice trail