Cecil Cove Loop Trail

Cecil Cove Loop Trail is a 6.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Jasper, Arkansas that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

This is a scenic trail that crosses Cecil creek several times, has bluffs, historic homsteads, and old cemetery.

1 hour ago

Great hike, awesome cave. needs some markers so you can find the things that are hidden away. other than that, amazing

Beautiful- take all the trails- the Falls are really nice- Thunder Canyon Falls can be tricky after a rain- slick! Devil's Den is quite a sight too

Long and not that good

Have hiked this several times in all seasons. There are several things to see on this trail. If time allows, I suggest taking the spur trails to Thunder Canyon Falls, Broadwater, and Paige Falls.

Had a nice hike here today, but I'm not sure if we were on exactly the right trail because it was an out and back as far as we could tell. We found an old cabin belonging to the US parks department and that's where the trail seemed to end. Anybody know where it loops back? It was a really pretty hike regardless.

We took the family on this trail on a beautiful February weekend. We're trying to make it to the Bluff view but got a little turned around. Then we ran into some hikers that knew the area somewhat well. They told us about the beautiful waterfall to the left at the T in the trail hiking up to that point was super easy but even in drier weather getting back to the waterfall was rather dicey very slippery in some spots. still very worth the trip. We plan to go back to do the whole loop eventually.

Love this trail. The trail along the creek bed crossing can be a bit hard to find.

This was a good little loop. I would recommend going when there is plenty of water (it's pretty boring without water) and grab a camping spot early in the day. All the good spots fill up fast.

Hiked up to Thunder Canyon Falls. Descent trail the whole way. The falls were awesome. Cecil Creek crossings were tricky if you want to keep your shoes dry.

We hiked Paige Falls to Thunder Falls, off the Cecil Creek Loop. Amazing beautiful! The trail that branched off to the falls was pretty hard, but totally worth it. 4-12-15

A weekend on the buffalo. After hiking Indian creek Saturday morning 8/30/14 went to old erby church hiked down to the farmer farm sted then hiked up Cecil creek to cavers camp an spent the night one of my favorite camp sites in this park. Sunday morning 8/31/14 hiked up broad water hollow before taken the bench trail back to erby church. It was a perfect weekend. A bit warm for backpacking but I love the buffalo !!! This is a great trail for a low mileage overnight trip.

May we will be doing part of the Goat Overlook down to Farmers and then up and around cecil cove loop. I am looking for a gps or a gpx track of the loop. Anyone have one they would share.

markjonesranger@hotmail.com

I have hiked back to thundering canyon falls several times on this loop but never did the entire loop before. The cavers camp is really cool as well.

Mark Jones

There's quite a bit of damage that's been done to the trail during the ice storms this past winter (fallen trees, loose rocks, etc), which slowed us down quite a bit and made some of the navigating difficult. There are also parts of the trail that aren't clearly marked and can be confusing. Besides that, there are many interesting stops along the way like old homesteads, cemeteries, and the old Earby Church. There are also a few great campsites along the creek. Be very cautious of the the road getting there however, I made it down in a Taurus, but I would have been much more comfortable in something with 4 wheel drive as the road is steep and rocky and also suffered damage from the ice storms.

Nice trail with several creek crossings. Lots of awesome caves. The rock wall is very neat. There is one camping spot with several rock chairs, looks awesome. This trail should have a lot more signs, because of all the intersections with other trails.

A great trail with views from the bluffs. Very interesting history with the stone wall, several old homesteads and a small cemetery. Also, a beaver pond shortly after you start out. Getting to the trailhead on unmaintained roads can be challenging especially if there has been rain or snow. I hiked mid Jan with exceptional weather. Well worth the trip.