North Wilson Mountain Trail

North Wilson Mountain Trail is a 9.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Sedona, AZ that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Flagstaff: Drive 22 miles south of Flagstaff or 2 miles north of Sedona on U. S. 89A. The trailhead is just north of Midgely Bridge where you'll find a small parking lot and a monument to Richard Wilson who was killed by a grizzly in this area in 1885.

Very light traffic. Such an amazing hike. I enjoyed the cool canyon approach. The switchbacks up to the First Bench were the toughest part of the whole hike! The Sedona view is incredible. The view of San Francisco Peaks were incredible. It's a long and taxing hike, but worth the effort!

Only giving it three stars because my boyfriend wanted to leave early so we didn't do the full thing. Only did about a 2 Mile hike (I think, we stopped before we came across any sign). Still very beautiful and I shall go back to complete it!

Amazing views.. Did this hike with a friend yesterday. None of my friends had heard about this hike but because of the reviews I had to try it myself. We only saw 5 people on the entire hike.

The views throughout the hike are great and at times spectacular. I don't know why so few people do this hike, we saw 5 hikers yesterday. Maybe because it's between 11 and 12 miles (depending on your GPS tracker) people don't want to go here. I plan on going back again with more friends to show them the views.

Great hike alternate to Wilson Mtn instead of from Midgely Bridge. Areas on the switchbacks before you get to the first bench are very loose recommend poles particularly on descent.

incredible views of the surrounding rocky cliffs. due to the weather we did not go all the way to the top of Wilson mountain. regardless it was beautiful and shaded for good portions. bring water. it is a good climb.

We attempted to hike North Wilsons trail earlier this year, but we're surprised to run into a fair amount of snow on the initial ascent. We were able to go within less than a half of a mile to the first bench and had to turn back. Because of the great reviews the trail has received we went back again this weekend and were able to complete the trail at the Sedona overlook. Our total distance hiked was between 9-10 miles, half of which were uphill with a total elevation change of 2000 feet. The trail was not heavily traveled, yet we were pleased to see several other hikers along the way. Although we were challenged by the loose footings when going downhill, the rest of the trail was easily passable and the hike along the flat bench and summit were very enjoyable. The view of Sedona is unparalleled and is at the top of our list for "end of the trail rewards". We highly recommend this trail for anyone who hikes regularly and suggest hiking poles for the descent and food for a picnic at the top.

Great hike! Perfect for a warm fall afternoon. A little rugged at times but getting to the top is well worth it. Even trekked through a little bit of snow.
The view and the fall colors were amazing!

Using North Wilson trail is beautiful! Starts at manzanita campground and through beautiful colors. There are a lot of switchbacks but it's worth it once you get to the top! Lots of deer as well

Switchbacks all day long. I'd search for a better hike in Sedona unless you really want to go to the highest point.