Willcox to Chiricahua Scenic Drive: Willcox to Chiricahua National Monument

Willcox to Chiricahua Scenic Drive: Willcox to Chiricahua National Monument is a 42 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Willcox, AZ that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for scenic driving and is accessible year-round.

42.0 miles Point to Point

scenic driving

Awesome rock formations. A must see even if you don't want to hike. Weather was on point. Not to hot and cooled off nicely in the later part of the afternoon. Very few visitors as well. Great time to visit. Definitely going back to complete more hiking trails.

A nice drive. Keep your eyes out for Wild Turkeys and other animals, saw two of them near the visitor center. Be sure to stop at the top and look at the rock formations.

scenic driving

My second trip here. First time, in April, 1968, now May 3, 1999. The weather was much better than last time. Lots of rocks!

scenic driving

We drove this trail in April, 1968. A real scenic trip; although the wind was blowing at least 70 MPH at the end of the road in the monument. It was rather unpleasent outside the car.

scenic driving

An amazing trip! Only downfall was that it was in the 30's when my wife and I went so not much hiking took place. It's been over a year since we've been there but planning a trip back pretty soon.

scenic driving

The road in to Chiricahua NM has nice scenery, but the highlight is Chiricahua itself. I planned this as a quick stop and look, and ended up spending a couple of hours exploring. The landscape is great, and I got to enjoy it more because I visited when the park was opening, beating any crowds that may have shown up later.