White Rock Canyon to Colorado River Trail

White Rock Canyon to Colorado River Trail is a 5.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Willow Beach, Arizona that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Love this hike... a little difficult connecting the hot springs trail to this trail... worth it. Again, expect to get wet if you are doing the loop

Amazing!

Love love love it

Scenic trail with a nice resting spot along the river, but it's definitely a tough hike on the way back to trailhead. The trail is a natural wash so it's mostly loose, fine gravel, which makes the return trip pretty difficult. The trail is closed now from 5/15 until September, and with good reason. My wife and I started with a little more than 5 liters of water between us in our hydration bladders, but we pretty much ran out halfway back uphill after drinking a liter each on the way down. If I'd been smarter, I would have brought a filter kit so that we could have refilled our hydration reservoirs at the ice cold river. A good Samaritan pretty much saved our lives (or at least saved us from needing rescue) by giving us a bottle of water on our way back up. Without that we probably wouldn't have been able to make it back to the trail head under our own power. Definitely don't try this trail if it's going to be over 90 degrees while you're out there.

This trail is absolutely beautiful and it leads you directly to the Colorado River; the beach there is serene, peaceful, and stunning. The majority of the trail is soft sand and loose gravel, which zaps your energy quickly (imagine being on an elliptical machine for several hours). I completed this hike with my five year old daughter and it was pretty tough; I think it's more appropriate for older children. We met a few families who were hiking in to the river, then camping overnight, which I'd recommend. The trail is estimated at 5.9 miles but my Fitbit tracked us doing almost 8 miles. Bring plenty of water, sunscreen, and a lot of snacks.

beautiful trail. part of trail could be marked better but numerous foot prints to show the way for most of the trail.

Awesome hike! A little confusing where the path is at some times but definitely worth the trek.

Next time I would do the counter clockwise route.

Nice trail

Amazing!

Great hike!! We took this route back after going to the river and hot springs via the Hot Springs Canyon trail. It was difficult to find the trail when starting from the river, but clear after. The canyon here is narrow most of the way which makes for welcome shade, but no forgiveness on the desert plain. Need lots of water and light hiking shoes. The sand/pebble path gets tiring but the secluded canyon is worth it.

I love this hike! Easy going to the river, but a great view. The river us cold, but close to the hot springs. Hiking out ring bolt trail gives you the chance to see petroglyphs. Be careful with the heat!

Great route to the Colorado. Pretty smooth and easy to follow after the trail head (front the sign go to the right under the the freeway bridge). Long easy grade but the rocks are small, so it's like walking on a beach (almost). The grade is easy in either direction. For a shorter route from the hot springs back, try using the Arizona Ringbolt trail (continue through the Hot Springs and it will take straight into the trail)