White Rock Canyon to Colorado River Trail

White Rock Canyon to Colorado River Trail is a 5.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Willow Beach, AZ that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Amazing!

Love love love it

Scenic trail with a nice resting spot along the river, but it's definitely a tough hike on the way back to trailhead. The trail is a natural wash so it's mostly loose, fine gravel, which makes the return trip pretty difficult. The trail is closed now from 5/15 until September, and with good reason. My wife and I started with a little more than 5 liters of water between us in our hydration bladders, but we pretty much ran out halfway back uphill after drinking a liter each on the way down. If I'd been smarter, I would have brought a filter kit so that we could have refilled our hydration reservoirs at the ice cold river. A good Samaritan pretty much saved our lives (or at least saved us from needing rescue) by giving us a bottle of water on our way back up. Without that we probably wouldn't have been able to make it back to the trail head under our own power. Definitely don't try this trail if it's going to be over 90 degrees while you're out there.

This trail is absolutely beautiful and it leads you directly to the Colorado River; the beach there is serene, peaceful, and stunning. The majority of the trail is soft sand and loose gravel, which zaps your energy quickly (imagine being on an elliptical machine for several hours). I completed this hike with my five year old daughter and it was pretty tough; I think it's more appropriate for older children. We met a few families who were hiking in to the river, then camping overnight, which I'd recommend. The trail is estimated at 5.9 miles but my Fitbit tracked us doing almost 8 miles. Bring plenty of water, sunscreen, and a lot of snacks.

beautiful trail. part of trail could be marked better but numerous foot prints to show the way for most of the trail.

Awesome hike! A little confusing where the path is at some times but definitely worth the trek.

Next time I would do the counter clockwise route.

Nice trail

Amazing!

Great hike!! We took this route back after going to the river and hot springs via the Hot Springs Canyon trail. It was difficult to find the trail when starting from the river, but clear after. The canyon here is narrow most of the way which makes for welcome shade, but no forgiveness on the desert plain. Need lots of water and light hiking shoes. The sand/pebble path gets tiring but the secluded canyon is worth it.

I love this hike! Easy going to the river, but a great view. The river us cold, but close to the hot springs. Hiking out ring bolt trail gives you the chance to see petroglyphs. Be careful with the heat!

Great route to the Colorado. Pretty smooth and easy to follow after the trail head (front the sign go to the right under the the freeway bridge). Long easy grade but the rocks are small, so it's like walking on a beach (almost). The grade is easy in either direction. For a shorter route from the hot springs back, try using the Arizona Ringbolt trail (continue through the Hot Springs and it will take straight into the trail)

My fiancé and I took this trail down to the river by accident, we meant to take Arizona Hot Springs down and White Rock Canyon up. This hike was really pretty. Narrow trail into the canyon, but the trail is a mixture of sand and small rocks which I'm not a fan of. Very peaceful hike though and it was fun when we got to the Colorado River before heading to Arizona Hot Springs.

Took this hike on the way back from Vegas to give my dogs a good run. They loved it. They are accustomed to rock and gravel so there was no problem whatsoever with their paws. Trail was well marked and easy to hike, though a little tiring on the way back due to the deep, loose sand. I loved the rock formations and various colors - red rock canyon walls, white, almost marble-looking large rocks in the canyon (where did they come from?) and red lava-type rock along the river. It was an easy out&back hike for an afternoon, we took off about 2 pm and were back shortly around 5, before sunset.

We just moved to Nevada, and this the first hike we did. Great hike, the gravels are definitely tiring to walk in, especially on the way back; but it's quite flat so not too difficult. And it's gorgeous! We only went to the river because we had the dog with us, and the gravels really hurt his paws. So if you plan on bringing your pup make sure he has booties or some kind of protection for his paws. My pup had blisters and raw paw pads. We will do it again, better equipped next time.

Pretty awesome trial....Love that it leads you straight to the Colorado River. If you follow the Liberty Bell Trail at the beginning for about a mile. you will reach a "Y" marked by a pole, right before you enter the canyon, left is "White Rock" right is "Liberty Bell." The canyon is breath taking it makes you feel like a little ant surrounded by these large walls! This is a wash trail so it can be hard on the legs due to the loose rock your continuously walking on. Cant wait to camp there, Have Fun!

Being from upstate NY with the Adirondack mountains this was a new type of hike for us. We really enjoyed the different rock formations, the petroglyphs, the hot springs and of course the hike down to the river. Great afternoon on the trail.