West Wing Mountain Advanced Trail

West Wing Mountain Advanced Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Peoria, Arizona and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great views all along. Lovely bright green moss right now (on the difficult route). Very light traffic.

Easy access, beautiful views and not busy.

Simple. Easy. Short. Beautiful sunset view!

Light traffic trail on the edge of Peoria. It is a great trail if you don't want to drive far.

Beautiful trail. A little hard to find the trailhead. Mind the mountain lions!

nice and challenging. I've hike many and this one gives me a challenge. Need to watch where the trail is going though. the trail is what I love about this hike, not real visible.

Nice trail for 2-3 hours hiking. We enjoyed it with 4 friends. Not recommended for very small kids.

Good hike at the outside edge of town. Neighborhood views one direction and desert views the other. Very little traffic. Trail is well marked for the most part. There are a few spots you have to stop and make sure you make the right turn.

Nice workout, slower pace due to a much rockier path. Pretty vistas!

Just fished with my dog. It was a more of a challenge to me than Thunderbird park. I'm still a novice hiker and super out of shape so it might not be as challenging to some of the more experienced hikers out there. It was less crowded than T-bird as well. I liked that aspect of it. I'll definitely do this one again.

Better hikes in the Valley. Trails aren't as well marked as led to believe. On the day of my hike I encountered a number of other hikers that included polite to inherently rude people. Definitely worth doing if one is looking for less travelled and likes the quiet.

The climb is awesome and can be completed without using your hands. The trail is extremely well marked. My wife is new to hiking and loved it too.

Parked at West Wing Park walk toward High Desert Dr to trail head. Trail starts thru a residential area. Gains elevations with nice scenic views.

Just hiked with my wife and dog. Great workout for me. Beautiful mountain, pristine views, some challenging areas, but overall a very good hike. Much less traveled than Sunrise Mountain or Thunderbird Park and I think a much better hike and better views. Will do it again soon.

Awesome! It's challenging and love it!