Weaver's Needle Trail

Weaver's Needle Trail is a 6.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Gold Canyon, AZ that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from September until May.

Trail a little busy until I passed Fremont Saddle. After that I did not see anyone for a least four miles. Once I turned onto Terrapin Trail i did meet a couple of prospectors. The hike seemed longer than it was. lots of brush crossing the trail after you pass Fremont Saddle. Pants would be a safe bet as I were shorts. I got a lot of cuts on my legs from the over grown brush. But i did get some very nice photos of Weaver's Needle from all four sides.

Well this was my first hike with my son. I decided nothing to crazy so we did Fremont Saddle returning on the Cave Trail. Along the way we met two girls who were doing this hike for their first time. So I invited them to join us and they did. I have done this hike many times and not always the same way. The weather was great and we all had a very enjoyable hike.
When we reached the parking lot we said are goodbyes. My son and I decided to hit the Wilderness Brewery for refreshments.

We recorded this loop at 13.3 miles and took us 7 hours. We did this loop counter clockwise. So from the Trailhead, we took the Bluff Springs trail for 2.5 miles to the Terrapin trail north along the east side of Weaver's Needle. Be careful here as you need to make a sharp left to connect with the Terrapin trail just on the north side of the wash. The Terrapin trail was overgrown in some spots so long pants are a good idea. We wore shorts and got pretty torn up. You'll be on this trail for about 3 miles until you hit the Dutchman trail where you'll head west for about 2 miles to the Peralta trail. One on the Peralta trail, head south about 7 miles and you're out. It's a long steady climb up to the saddle. This loop has many elevation changes. you'll be up and down the whole way...

Just a beautiful day for a hike. Trail was easy to follow. some over grown brush pants are a better choice than shorts. Believe me I have the cuts to prove it. The trail is long as its over 10 miles, but you get to see the four sides of Weavers Needle awesome worth the blood. I will do this again in the spring when all the flowers are in bloom and the creeks and ponds have water in them.