Waterfall Trail

Waterfall Trail is a 1.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Waddell, AZ that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible from November until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Perhaps the best known of the trails in the White Tanks, Waterfall Trail is a well maintained barrier free trail which terminates at a Waterfall. Many petroglyphs are highlighted along trail. Be aware that there is a $6 entrance fee to the park. The waterfall only flows after a recent rain.

This is a nice, low key trail. It is mostly flat but, towards the final stretch, you have a small incline and some stone stairs. I took my Pomeranian and he did really well. We met a few other dogs along the way. I enjoyed this hike and highly recommend it!

The waterfall trail is great to share with out-of-town friends and family!!

Nice family hike!

This is a relatively easy hike with a nice view. I have hiked the trail at least 20 times and I have never seen a waterfall, so don't expect to see one. This is a very popular Trail so don't expect to be alone either. But it is a very quick easy and fun one.

8/2/2016- visited this location right when the gates opened after a short rainfall . We were hoping to catch a glimpse of the falls while active, but no luck. But, we did get to watch a lovely sunrise . The trail really was more of a super-easy (and landscaped) walk as others indicated below. Petroglyphs were interesting .

This is great for families, and even small children. Perfect place to take out of state visitors!

This isn't a difficult hike - in fact it's really just a walk- but it's good, even for little ones. The waterfall only shows up after a recent rain though.

The waterfall was just a puddle when we went soooooo eh

Perfect trail for the entire family. nice and wide for the first half, even stroller accessible. the second half is steeper but easily doable by just about anyone.

Meh. I would call this a nature walk rather than a hike. Great for families, but not so much for anything else.

I'm a beginning hiker so it was easy and nice :-)

Easy hike; wildflowers are starting make their presence known. No water flowing at the waterfall, but there is water at the base (do not drink as it is still water!!!!!)

A fun walk.

Very easy trail. Info markers throughout that were interesting. Though it was dirt and rock, it had a Relatively smooth surface. I went on a Thursday around 2 pm, and was surprised at how many people were on it. Despite the congestion, I would do this trail again.

Pretty but crowded. Great with kids

I did this hike after a few days of heavy rain thinking that it the waterfall and basin would be beautiful to see. What I forgot however, is everyone else would have that same idea. It's a very easy trail that is essentially almost paved. Therefore, young and old came out to hike the trail. I saw multiple parents who had actually taken their children in strollers, if that given you an idea of the trail conditions. The basin itself was pretty, as expected however, there were so many people I couldn't even walk up the stairs to see it, even after waiting roughly 15 min! There were also a group of teens who were chasing each other around the trail and within the basin that I think got on everyone's nerves. I was disappointed with this trail as A) it's not really a hike and B) it was way too crowded to be enjoyable. If I was ever to do it again it would be on a weekday as I presume there would be less traffic.