Esperero Canyon Trail

Esperero Canyon Trail is a 13.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Tucson, AZ that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Man, we did this trail today and it was hot! 98.

always a beautiful and strenuous hike!!

A good hike with incline climbing during the first part of the trail. I haven't done the whole trail. About 4 miles in trail becomes overgrown and can be hard to follow

A good hike with some great views. Did not do the entire trail. Hiked in for about two hours from the Sabino Recreation area and got to the top of the canyon. A couple of waterfalls on the back side of the canyon. Scenic and peaceful on the top.

Another favorite hike. I do not usually go that far. I hike two hours out, which puts me over the cardiac switchback and around the basin, but not as far as the map shows.

The trail is very well traveled at the beginning. However, after a few switchbacks the vegetation changes and you will find yourself crossing a riverbed a few times. At this point the trail is often overgrown, but just keep heading out and you'll get to the end.

This is a good hike...you have to work in places but overall, it isn't too strenuous. The views, flowers, and animals are amazing. We kept it short today, as we got a late start and the temperature was approaching 90. We will be back a bit earlier in the day.