Van Deren Cabin

Van Deren Cabin is a 5.4 mile out and back trail located near Sedona, AZ. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for off road driving.

5.4 miles Out & Back

off road driving

I love this trail. It is rated Moderate per Charlie Wing's Backroad Trails book. Toward the end, there were a few spots with some more difficult ledges but not bad if you take it slow and easy. We did it in our own stock unlimited Rubicon with 33s. The 4wd road splits off toward the cabin at about 2 1/2 mi from the trailhead. After visiting the cabin, we headed further along on route 152 to hike to Vultee Arch. The on-foot hike is only about a mile and a half to the arch from the road and is very easy, but we made it only halfway because of a medical issue. We also saw two tarantulas in the middle of the trail along the way where a lot of leaves had fallen. I expect there were many more! I almost stepped on one! I know they don't really do much to humans but I don't care...they creep me out nonetheless! Next time, we'll make it to the long as I can tolerate the monster spiders.

off road driving

A short jaunt off of Dry Creek road and is definitely worth checking out. Some nice climbing for the off roader and a lovely cabin to check out at the end. Nice spots to stop for pinicking along the way up as well.