Upper Antelope Canyon Trail

Upper Antelope Canyon Trail is a 6.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Page, AZ that features a cave and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible year-round.

wheelchair friendly

cave

Antelope Canyon is the most-visited and most-photographed slot canyon in the American Southwest. It is located on Navajo land near Page, Arizona. The mysterious and haunting beauty of Antelope Canyon (also known as "Corkscrew Canyon", one of the few slot canyons in the area) awaits the adventurous traveler who seeks to discover one of the most spectacular yet little known attractions of the Lake Powell area. A tour to this awe inspiring sculpture set in stone is a must for amateur and professional photographers alike. Come see nature's surprising masterpiece of color.

awesome

Beautiful canyon. You have to with on a guided tour and they are very strict.

You can only describe this place as stunning. I went here when my family was visiting from NY around Christmas time. It was pretty crowded, but stunning. The ride in is quite bumpy and certainly part of the experience. Not to be missed.

Very unique canyon, for some of the best & most photographed spot in the SW. Must hire a guide though, again this really isn't a hike, but more of a guided tour, if you hate crowds, this in not the place for you, if your into photography should probably be on your bucket list if you have not gotten here already

Amazing views, not strenuous at all. If there was something like this but a little more challenging I would be in heaven.

Great experience

Took the 0830 hike in late March. It was dark inside (I got a little claustrophobic) but when sun started peeking through the rocks, experience was amazing. Best time is midday. Gave my tour guide a tip for teaching me camera tricks on my iPhone.

A must do hike if you are in the area

All tours need to be guided and sell out fast, so plan ahead! Best time is May-July mid day when there are beans of light entering the canyon. I went in Oct and no beams of light, and it was still amazing!! Go see what water and wind can create! It is very crowded and can get quite annoying with all of the people, so be prepared fir that.

This was a sight to see for certain. Be aware the indian reservation doesn't participate in daylight savings time so the time is off by an hour in summer. We missed our appointment as we failed to see this in the fine print of our reservation. And the GPS and phones were all confused switching back and forth as we drove through the reservation. tour company we used had porta potty but no water to purchase etc so get your own at the trading post on the way in. Go midday if you want to see the light shafts cast down. we went later and it was still a sight to see the light streaming through making shapes etc. Their are two main tour companies nearby you need to be escorted and pay to tour and pay a tribal land fee. keep your receipt so you only pay land fee once if doing upper and lower canyon. our tour was rushed and you were not really allowed to linger for more than a minute or two at each light shaft/shape to photograph etc. the tour guide got us some great shots but as a lover of photography i had wanted to set up some of my own shots too yet no time hurried along. very very crowded.

Great

Gorgeous! Upper and lower are just beautiful!

Amazing slot canyon. A must do!

Bucket list item! Natural beauty that is hard to compare. Like most attractions in this area, it is on Navajo land so you need to go with a tour company. Many to choose from, our tour guide told us all the areas to photograph and how to shoot them as well as shoot pics for us. Bring a good camera! Or at least borrow one! Pictures can only do so much justice. Go around the noon times as this is when the lighting is best. I went at 2 and its was still magical but sad I couldn't make the noon time. It is the busy time so plan accordingly.

very nice but has to be taken with a guide so that takes away from it but still beautiful none the less. Guide we had was unbelievable and would give you advice on shooting the canyon as well as lots of stories about it.