Treasure Loop Trail

Treasure Loop Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Apache Junction, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from October until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Park Fee = $7.00

I am newer to the hiking scene and I am not in the best of shape. My husband and I took this hike this past weekend with the cold, windy and foggy weather in mind. When we got to the ranger station she advised us to go counter clockwise due to the recent rains. Going down the rocks will be more difficult than going up. We saw all varieties from older couples to kiddos and dogs. It was not easy for us and a few times wandered off the path but was able to get right back on. My boots got a little slippery on some rocks but other than that I was determined to get up that hill to Green Rock. The railroad ties are very helpful too. A few narrow areas and rocky surfaces to cross. It will take me a few more trips counter clockwise before I have the confidence to do the trail clockwise. For those just beginning or getting back into it take your time, take breaks and enjoy!! Look forward to coming back again soon!!

Great hike with kids, just the right amount of incline, gorgeous views

I enjoyed this trail!! I went early in the morning and it was foggy, chilly, windy and a little rain.. loved it!!! Easy to follow, got some cardio in but. It wasn't difficult at all. Great views all the way up and around. A little rocky in some areas, the railroad ties are a nice help as guide. I would totally do it again!! Maybe I'll find the lost dutchman's treasure next time! Lol

Great hike with amazing scenery. Relatively easy even if rated as medium. Get here early as the trail started to get full by 10 am. Great hike for families.

Was a great hike! Seems to be the best time of year right now with the temperatures low.

Definitely rocky. Harder going up on the southern portion. Northern part longer but not as steep. I'd rank it as moderate. 500 ' ec.

Took my husband and 3 year old son. Stared at sunset. Turned into a beautiful easy night hike. Saw a frog and tarantula. Enjoyed it, will return.

It was a beautiful hike, got to see a Jack Rabbit and a Great Horned Owl.