Treasure Loop Trail

Treasure Loop Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Apache Junction, AZ that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from October until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Park Fee = $7.00

Great hike on a beautiful September day. $7 to enter, and good restrooms.

The ranger guide has this marked as moderate not easy and for someone who is not from the desert (only been here a year) and does not like the heat nor do well in the heat, this is not an easy trail. It is mostly uphill but it is nicely marked.

This is a great 2.5 mile trail run that you can combine with Prospector's and Jacobs Crosscut to create a 4 mile loop.

The trail winds through some breathtaking scenery...expansive desert, beautiful cactus and a view of the Flatiron, from near the base, that is just breathtaking.

About 1/2 way up the hike there's an opportunity to scramble onto some boulders on an outcrop for some incredible views.

This is an easy hike, but if you run it you'll get a great workout.

Was a fun hike we did it at dusk and the sunset was breathtaking. In the way down we did the prospectors view then to Jacobs crosscut. Total was a Lil over 3 miles. Saw a few mice, lots of frogs, and a rattlesnake right on the trail.

super easy scenic walk, too boring for me, maybe more of a trail running day

Perfect trail for the desert summer and for dogs. definitely on list of go to hikes.
Beautiful sunrise.

This was one of my favorite trails; beautiful scenery, up close and personal with the mountain, flat surface. However, if you are not a fan of nature this is not the trail for you. About 400m into the trail I heard a distant buzzing noise and began to flip out. A wide variety of bugs dive-bombed me but luckily none of them bothered to touch me or land on me. That continued at throughout the trail during random instances. Another creature of the great desert; the lizard. Consistently during my hike lizards would blow in out of no where running across the path. It really catches you off guard man. What's really interesting is when they run along side of you outside of the path and it's like a scene from Jurassic part, you know the one with Chris Pratt riding the velociraptors. It was quite amusing but other than the lizard pop outs they will do no harm to you. About half-way through the trail I heard the strangest noise I have ever heard while hiking. It sounded like bee on steroids who sounds like the people who have a hole in their throat. Almost like a robot bug. It first started when I was walking and about 10ft behind was the noise. It scared the heavens out of me. I began to pick up the pace. A little further down the trail the same noise came. I don't know if it was a different robot bug or the same one is stalking me down. I began to get uncomfortable but I kept going. I reach my ending point and begin my way back down the mountain and what do you know, they robot bug strikes again. The thing about this robot bug is it only makes noise while you're moving, when you're stopped it will stop too. I was not having it with the mysterious bug so I begin to run. I ran all the way to a sign with the choices "Jacobs crosscut" or go back. I chose Jacobs to see what it was like. Now let me tell you this is a more compact trail; you got a wall of dirt and trees next to you. It's a single file line trail guys. As I'm walking next to the schrubs, robot bug comes in full force with his noise, I panic and run back to my regular trail all the way back to my car. I never got to see the legendary robot bug, and I hope I never will. Thank you for reading my journey.

One of my favourite hikes. It fits in my my limited skill level and offers some great views. I have done this at least once a year for the last three or four years.

Had a great time. Nice hike

Easy hike, views of goldfield.

Gorgeous hike and views! It slightly steep in some parts but overall an easy hike. Definitely a hike you could do with kids and dogs.

Easy too moderate took around 1 :45 minutes to do the loop. I'm a slow hiker. There seemed to be more people going up and down the south side of the loop not very many people doing the whole loop. So the north side less traffic for those of you that don't want to be around to many people. It is a good trail for all ages. Mostly flat with an incline at the beginning the top has rail road ties as staircase and rocky but easy enough for all ages. Most definitely want to go in early morning cuz there isn't much shade. :)

Amazing view !!!!

Green Boulder is beautiful and the trails are well marked. It's pretty busy with a lot of kids and older folks. Each parking lot (there are several) is sufficient for the population (which is a relief in AZ) and has several picnic pavilions, a bathroom, and potable water.

It's not a killer trail, but I'm not sure I'd categorize it as easy, though. It's a long, slow incline that you can feel.

great hour hike mostly uphill for a mile then downhill. a few few steep Rises plus a single trail ride up to the mountains that's the best part plenty of benches to sit on and Rock we saw a couple of deer a coyote and heard many many birds

awesome hike with gradual uphill!! super nice and easy

Great hike with the family (11yr, 8yr & 3yr olds) with nice spots to stop and have lunch. Beautiful scenery! Can get a bit steep in places, our 3 yr old needed help.

This was another beautiful Arizona Trail. There were a lot of hikers, but why not, it's a lovely, well-designed trail. I totally forgot you would need $7 for the state park fee, remember to bring your wallet! Happy the dog will be so jealous to have missed this beautiful day.

I'm one lucky gal who lives in the foothills of the Superstition Mountains.
This is one of several favorite trails of mine in March when the wildflowers are in bloom.