Templeton Trail

Templeton Trail is a 7.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sedona, AZ that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Directions from the Cathedral Rock Trail for .3 miles from its trailhead off Back O'Beyond Road: To get to the Cthedral Rock Trail from the junction of Routes 89A and 179, take 179 south 3.5 miles to Back-O'Beyond Road on the right. Go .6 miles to the trailhead parking turnout on the left.

beautiful. spectacular views. good for running.

busy and boring

Really easy trail that can be done with the entire family!

Enjoyable hike, very similar to other hikes in Sedona. As busy as Bell Rock is Templeton is not, very low amount of people and the trail is in great condition.

This trail can be combined with a handful of other trails to create a beautiful loop around Cathedral Rock. All trails in this area leave from Yavapai Vista and are well marked throughout each trail and at every intersection. There is no wrong way to hike this! Make it into something you want, just watch out for mountain bikers coming around blind corners!

We started at Yavapi Vista trail head with the goal of getting to Cathedral Rock. This was a beautiful hike, cathedral rock started out way in the distance and we kept watching it get closer and closer. We eventually ended up there and the view was breathtaking! We didn't go all the way to the other end of templeton where it starts at Baldwin, but the few miles we were on it were awesome! It could have been marked better, we got confused a few times.

Awesome hike with my 2 dogs & fiancee. Walk to the creek for sure. Picturesque views all over from cathedral rock. Panoramic shots rock. Fav hike ever!

It was a fairly easy hike that was flat most of the time with some incline occasionally , but nothing overly hard. The views were great and after 30 minutes there was a good amount of shade by the trees. If you fish, it does go over a creek that had great flow when we did the hike.

Neat views of Cathedral Rock.

After hiking the Bell Rock Path I turned onto the Templeton Trail. It passes under Route 179 by way of two tunnels and continues to Cathedral Rock Trail. The trail goes though a diverse vegetation area and follows a ridge at the base of several red rock formations. Offers great views of the Bell Rock/Courthouse Butte Skyline to the southeast and Cathedral Rock to the Northwest. Ran into a small group of mountain bikers and a couple of hikers during my trek.

Templeton is the other part of the Cathedral Rock trail. It's a nice trail, with some nice views, but in my opinion, doesn't hold up to the view of the Cathedral Rock trail. It's a fairly easy trail, but I have to admit that I did get lost. I'm still not really sure how that happened, but I ended up off trail, having to climb over fences with my dog.