Telegraph Pass Trail

Telegraph Pass Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Yuma, AZ that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Trail to base of mountain. Path up the mountain is paved. Trail to mountain moderate, paved path up the mountain is difficult. Excellent view of Yuma and Welton from the top.

Easily accessible from I-8. Makes it a bit crowded.

Directions are inaccurate there is not trail heads at the frontage road. My I-Phone took me to Telegraph street in Yuma. Could anyone write more accurate directions?

A very long time ago...

Hiked this trail a week ago. It was a great workout. Make sure to hike all the way to the towers. Go to the bench and look inside the metal box for a little surprise at the end.

Oct 2 was still hot and humid , but worth it ,took my two dogs there alway jazzed about going hiking

I hike telegraph pass as often as possible. I use telegraph pass as my training ground for my rim to rim through the Grand Canyon and other hiking ventures. It's an awesome workout and you can go as hard as you want.

Nice trail. Make sure to bring enough water and start early in the morning. Dog friendly. There are a few side trails that you can explore as well.

It's was a little warm this morning and a lot hard, but I made it

Make sure you bring enough water and if you are starting from the actual trail head wear hiking shoes with ankle support. The ground is not even as your traverse through the small valleys prior to hitting the beginning of the trail up telegraph pass. The view from the top is great and worth the steep trek up.

Start the trail early in the morning and bring sunscreen or you may regret it later. There are multiple paths from where you park to the base that you can take and vary only slightly in difficulty. The climb from the base to the top has actually two routes. The main one is the improved road with a steep grade that is kid and pet friendly. However, there is a goat trail that takes you up the side that significantly increases the level of difficulty which is not kid or pet friendly.

This was a challenging trail for me because of the steep incline and decline. I recommend this be a winter and early morning hike. This is a popular trail. I am glad I did this trail. very scenic.

nice trail with the option of taking the road back

This is a great hike up a well defined paved winding mountain access road to telecommunication towers east of Yuma. Quite steep in places but enjoyable if done at your own pace. Views from the top are awesome - east and west.

Excellent leisure hike, nice view up top to enjoy while signing the notebook there.

Great workout , awesome training ground for Higher elevation hikes like Cactus to Clouds