Tanque Verde Falls Trail

Tanque Verde Falls Trail is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Tucson, AZ that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Was a really beautiful and fun place, be ready to get wet cause some parts there was no clear way to go so through the water you must go. We are dying to go back once it rains. Make sure you bring plenty of water, it heats up fast in the mid-day if you are walking back up the mt. Over all we plan on going back soon. :)

A little difficult the first time but rewarding!

It was great, I had great time.

Locating the trailhead is straightforward. A dirt parking area is available, but is poorly maintained. If you have a vehicle with low clearance, you're better off parking along the side of the dirt road.

The trail down to the creek is easy and well defined. Once you're at the bottom, trail markings are nonexistent. Downstream is easy enough to follow, but as AZ trials go, fairly commonplace.

Upstream, the "trail" consists of simply making your way up through the debris field. There are no markings and it's easy to find yourself doubling back to find a better way to continue. The further up you go, the more "jumbled" the debris field becomes.

If you don't want to get your feet wet, this isn't the trail for you. The soles of your hiking boots should also be able to grip smooth rock while wet. This becomes important as you get closer to the falls.

As with most trails in Arizona with flowing water, some hikers start taking their clothes off. The remoteness of this trial, the pools and the scenery, may entice some to go "au naturel". Be forewarned.

If this is your first time on this trail, it's best to seek assistance from someone who has navigated the path before. Hikers are a friendly lot and are always willing to help.

Great trail for bigger kids. To quote Eegah, "Watch out for snakes!" This is one you need to plan for: you don't want to go anywhere near that canyon if it's raining in the area, but you do want to go during the monsoons so you can see the falls in action.

To be honest, I'm sort of sick of leaving two reviews per Trail. I don't know whether or not to say the same things twice, or just recreate another version of the same review I left earlier in the AllTrails App. Anyway, bring water. It's a short hike. Enjoy.

Crazy i only posted one time, sorry was not me....

Any water yet ??? thanks

In July it was HOT obviously, but I heard there is still water in the pools. There is no water. The hike is beautiful and pretty easy. If the falls were running it would've been perfect.

Didn't care for this trail at all in fact I don't even think there is a true trail to follow. My sister and I went down fine but going back up we got lost for about 40 minutes. We couldn't find the trail that we used and every other trail that is there don't lead you to anything. We decided to go back down and luckily we found this other couple heading back up so we asked if we can follow, the girl said that she got lost before too. I don't think I'll be back to this one again.

Nice easy hike with water holes, boulders, and bears oh my....? No bears but went twice and took friends the second time. Fun adventures just around the bend.

Great short easy hike! Makes for a good picnic area. My dog loves swimming and I appreciate having a place that he can swim at in the desert!

Easy hike with amazing views. I've done this hike several times and there is always tons of water. My dog really enjoys the swimming as well.

Very easy, cool rocks and a nice stream at the bottom

It was a nice hike. The trailhead is across from the first parking lot on Reddington. It's about 1/2 mile down on the trail then straight up the canyon as you see fit over the rocks and through the stream.

A nice little hike in a beautiful area of east Tucson. I went in February and there was plenty of running water. There are some beautiful shaded areas a bit further up. I also loved that it was surprisingly not very crowded, and I found a nice, quiet little spot to just sit and listen to the water.