Thunderbird H-1 H-2 H-3 Loop Trail

Thunderbird H-1 H-2 H-3 Loop Trail is a 5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Glendale, AZ that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Good short hike

Loved this trail. But the address should be given as thunderbird conservation park. Around 0.2 miles from the parking lot there we took a right turn and landed up on Coach Whip Trail. (I think you should change the name).

I hike /run this at least 3 times a week, is great for training

Great workout!

This is close by and easily accessible with plenty of parking. The kids and I have done this hike on many occasions.

I'm not sure how mountain bikers or runners manage to get through this trail with all the broken rocks but as a casual hiker, I was happy to ascent, get my heart racing, my shoes bending and my mouth soaking. I am happy to have found a close by moderate loop to enjoy. There weren't too many people out and the views were great. So many nearby mountains and a generous 360 reward depending on where you find yourself on the mountain!

Awesome trail. You can hike one of the mountains or both if you up for a challenge. Great easy trail.

Nice hike close to 101 loop . Various combination routes can be tried .

Too many snakes here ran into 3 rattlesnakes in one evening do not go here in the evening! if it wasn't for another hiker I think I might have had a nervous breakdown on that mountain.

Pros:
The location is close to the city making this trail easy to visit frequently. There are also many options of short trails if you don't have much time to hike (after work). There is plenty of parking.
Cons:
There are a lot of people. Not very secluded. Many people do not pick up their dog/horse excrements.
Overall:
Being so easy to access I think it's worth a try!

Easy. Felt like a walk.

Easy

As a addict of the White Tanks, this was my first time doing this trail. It's close and I needed to fit in a few quick hours of hiking before some meetings. It was a little more well traveled than I prefer, but the views were beautiful, decent workout, lots of roadrunners (adorable), etc. It was sort of nice seeing such a natural setting in the middle of neighborhoods and busy streets.

I can't believe I have never found this trail before today! This was a pretty difficult trail in my opinion. There were a lot of places where it was easy to loose your footing due to the loose rocks. It is similar to the H-2 summit trail but harder. The view from up top is amazing and there are some switchbacks that are thigh burners! The trail is called the "Cholla Loop" and then drops you into the "Coach Whip Trail" if you are trying to find the trailhead once you are at the park.

Given this was first hike ever, my rating may be a skewed. This is amazing! Just enough beauty to keep you engaged and wanting to continue.

Not a well maintained trail. Lots of loose rocks. Heavily used, even on Christmas Day! The summit offers great views of the Northwest valley and an American flag. Lots of dogs and mountain bikers on this trail year round.