Sunrise Mountain Trail

Sunrise Mountain Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Peoria, AZ that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice morning hike. Trailhead not well marked. Wherever you park head just north (right) of the school to the trailhead.

Great trail near the city. Parking is tricky to find but once you know, it is easy to get in. Great views and challenging paths for all levels. Some made complains about dog poop everywhere: These are not dog poop but Coyote poop. They are living in this mountain.

It's was decent moderate hike...very hard to find a place to park/trailhead. And trail markers were not enough and it was hard to stay on trail. But otherwise it's a pretty hike and a good little workout! Some good uphill lengths. PARK AT WEST WING PARK and walk up to trail head from there! Would have been nice to know that!

Good loop trail, enjoyed the views!

I have a question rather than a review . . . Is it true that the trail is only accessible from March until October? Thanks!

Nice hike but poorly maintained with dog poop all along

Sunrise was cool, its a decent length for this area.. there is definitely a number of trails on the various hills that aren't documented here, as well as one that is documented that doesn't exist (the north easterly aspect of the easternmost peak). However, that was kinda cool because it directly contributed to an epiphany I had after a meditation... "there is no trail"

This was a good hike... We had to figure out how to get to trail head by finding the elementary school... wasn't hard but I wouldn't say easy haha., great hike but it was a bit HOT! should of gone early in the day. we waited till 10:30/11;00 to head out. recommend :)

Nice trail. very crowded.

Awesome trail and great workout! Look forward to this hike every week!
Fantastic vistas and good trail maintenance.

An "easy" in and out hike. We came in via 59th Ave and it was super easy to find via trailhead parking. Parked near the amphitheater and checked the trailhead map and carried on. I am 31 and went with my mom (50), daughter (3) and wore my son (8 months) in an Ergobaby Carrier. He slept the walk and my daughter walked it with ease. There are steeper rocky areas near the summit which I assume is why it gets a moderate rating. Certainly not stroller friendly (which is something I always scan for in reviews so in case you are too, there you go). We held my daughter's hand through that part but I had no issue wearing my 21lbs son through it. Lots of people all shapes and sizes, lots of kids, another baby and lots of dogs. No dog poop. We recently moved nearby and I'd definitely do this trail again as a quick hike for some cardio. It offered exercise without being exhausting or anything.

really fun, easy hike! but my girlfriend and I had a HARD time actually finding the trailhead. soooo... here's details for future hikers:
1. Park @ dirt lot on corner of West Wing and High Desert. Lot is right next to West Wing park.
2. Walk past volley ball court, past skate park. Walk through the grassy field.
3. Turn left after field and you'll see the trailhead marker.

Hope that helps! Have fun!

Did an easy 1.5 mile loop to the top of the first knoll and back with our Cub Scout Pack. Great for the boys and their families and an easy hike. Had the boys pick up trash on the trip for some positive community service. Went just after a rain and weather was cool and trail was great.