Spur Cross Trail

Spur Cross Trail is a 5.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Cave Creek, AZ that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

This Spur Cross loop is the most popular and easiest hike of the Spur Cross Conservation Area. The views are spectacular and the Solar Oasis is an interesting place to discover. This hike is ideal as a quick and easy loop, crossing cave creek (which is often running) several times. The desert scenery is amazing, very lush with giant saguaros. The Solar Oasis is an unexpected conservation area with an Ironwood replanting area opposite. Please note that there is a $3 fee per person.

The sound of coyotes in the distance.

It was ok. nothing great. no water in the creek.

Love this trail. So many different aspects to enjoy including stream, water hole, cottonwoods, sandy washes, shady groves and a few challenging climbs. Loved seeing so many huge, majestic saguaros. Will be making this a regular stop in our rotation

We took Spur Cross to Metate, it was just ok. Very hot for April, not many shaded areas or trees. no Running water in the creek. Maybe we will try it there again in the fall on a different trail.

Awesome. Saw Gila monster. Great flowers.

I've done most of the trails in this area and they are always good. This past hike was about 6 miles and we only saw 3 other hiking groups.

we hiked this trail at sunset and it was absolutely beautiful.... Did it with my 2 year old daughter on my back and 5 year old son next to me !!

The most beautiful place I have ever hiked in Arizona absolutely a must see !! There are even Indian ruines

Very easy, pleasant hike. A trickle of a stream crosses the path twice. Took my Mastiff with me, and we both enjoyed it; though we hoped for a little more water in the stream to wade in.

Very nice trail.

If you can't relax here you should give up. Ultra peaceful

Cave creek was flowing so a lot of the trails were closed because they are on the other side of the creek and the current was too strong to cross over. It was nice to see water here in Arizona though!! There is a $3 fee when you walk down, but totally worth it. Dog friendly and packed with people today. Can't wait to go back to check out the other side!

My favorite place to hike out in AZ has a trail for everyone you can take trails that lead you to 7 springs and back takes two days but it's a blast!

I typically hike alone, with that being said this hike was a bit too remote for me. I started on spur cross and crossed into the national forest. I ran into a rather large javelina so I back tracked to the metonite trail and finished back at the trail head. The views and change in scenery were spectacular, definitely recommend a hiking buddy for this one.