Spur Cross Trail

Spur Cross Trail is a 5.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Cave Creek, Arizona that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

This Spur Cross loop is the most popular and easiest hike of the Spur Cross Conservation Area. The views are spectacular and the Solar Oasis is an interesting place to discover. This hike is ideal as a quick and easy loop, crossing cave creek (which is often running) several times. The desert scenery is amazing, very lush with giant saguaros. The Solar Oasis is an unexpected conservation area with an Ironwood replanting area opposite.

One of my all-time favorite easy-going hikes. I remember I first hiked this when I was about nine. I grew up around the area when I was very very young so it brought back a lot of memories for my siblings and I. Spur Cross is kind of the hub of where I draw my outdoor & adventurous side of me that's where it al started. It was great to hike it for the first time in four years since I've been gone doing military things. It's a hike where you find yourself secluded in a desert oasis and just fall in love with the desert and the adventurous side of you let your mind wander for hours as you hike you got to be careful though because there's a lot of off trails that you can fine and lead you to different places where you have no idea we are going and it's easy to get lost you don't pay attention to the signs. I hope you enjoy the trail as much as I do happy hiking and biking!

one of my favorite hikes to do of all time ! have done this hike many times !

dragonfly X2 this morning. lovely and warm, surprisingly!

Nice hike on easy-to-follow trails. Remote feeling, with no views of civilization after a while!

Great hike.

Enjoyable scenery! Nice variety of trails and optional routes. Make it as hard as you want.

Great hike.