South Mountain Trails (Desert Classic Trail)

South Mountain Trails (Desert Classic Trail) is a 5.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Great trails for beginners and kids, with a few moderate trails for those looking for a little challenge. I explored this trail to scout it out b4 bringing my wife and kids. Great north and west facing city views with downtown phoenix seemingly at your feet.
As a parent, im always looking for trails like these that my 5yr old can enjoy without getting too gassed, and one that i can comfortably backpack my 1yr old without too much stress on dear old dad. My family and i are planning to go back next weekend to enjoy some of the easier trails together

when there aren't a ton of people it's a super enjoyable hike.
once you get about a mile in, at certain points, you feel like you're not close to a city. it's wonderful.

Fabulous hiking and breathtaking views!

Great place to hike! So many trails for all skill levels.

Moderate difficulty level for me, a relative noob to desert biking. Lots of fun rollers, nice scenery, and not busy for a Sunday morning in early December.

We loved it and can't wait to do it again!! 

great hike. I got there at about 6:15 and was able to beat the crowds and see the sunrise

Tons of trails! Will definitely go back