Slide Rock Trail

Slide Rock Trail is a 0.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Sedona, Arizona that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

It's fun to hike past the slide rock itself!

This isn't really a hike. But it's a cool place to see. The river flows over some gorgeous red rocks. You can hop around the rocks for a short distance. It can be peaceful but mainly it's a crowded area.

definitely a great tourist attraction

Be careful as the rocks can be mossy and watched a few people bust open their head when they fell unexpectedly. A lot of people in the summer. If you can travel a little further out of town it's worth not fighting the people and traffic. Start early.

I would give this 5 Stars, but when I went with my family this summer, it was $30 per car! Beautiful place! Definitely a must see. My parents came and they are in their 70s. The steps you will go down initially were a little tough for them. They were fine, but needed to go slow and hold someone. In the summer, the rocks are very slippery from being wet, but wow was the rock jumping and rock sliding a blast! I have also been here when it is cooler out and in the winter time. Always a pleasure.

Went here with my mom after we hiked out of the Grand Canyon! Easy walk down to the creek! The creek is very crowded with people picnicking or sliding down the natural rock slide in the icy cold creek. Very refreshing on a hot day! My mom and I walked upstream in the creek a ways...only challenge is the rocks are very slippery (even in good water shoes), so good water shoes are a must!

Ok
I refused to pay the $10 park fee after u already purchased a day parking pass so I continued pass the bridge toward flag staff about half a mile there a section of road you can park on and walk about 1/4 mile back towards ridge when you get there walk down the trail and go right there's a few ledges that you need to navigate to get down it I did it really easy
As you just need to go slow and look for the right spots to set your foot

More of a reprieve from the heat and a beautiful picnic spot.

Not a hike but it's still pretty to see

Slide rock is very unique and worth the walk to see; however, it definitely shouldn't be considered a hike. There isn't really a trail, but the area is very busy with families enjoying the water.

Just breathtaking. One of my favorite trails in the country.

We went swimming here & very little hiking. CRAZY AMAZING FUN FOR FAMILIES----BUT YOU MUST WEAR KEENS!! We saw literally dozens of people fall who were barefoot or wore those cheap water socks----you will need more tread on those slick red rocks.

Fun! Water was very cold though...

The park was an early homestead that grew apples. The scenery is awesome! It was too cold to get in the water when we were there, but it sure looked inviting. The water is so clear. The trails are well kept (The first part is a sidewalk). Very nice!