Silly Mountain Park

Silly Mountain Park is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Apache Junction, AZ that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from January until January. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

Silly Mountain Park is on the edge of Apache Junction and Gold Canyon. It has a few miles of new trails that loop around the mountain. It's a nice hike with kids/pets. I have seen bikers and runners too. Great views of the Phoenix Valley. There is a short nature trail that is ADA accessible.

Well marked trails, beautiful views, and just enough of a challenge for a beginner hiker.

This was a nice short hike as we wandered around several trails on the Mountain. keep in mind that there isn't much shade and it is very rocky, but nothing sketchy. I took my 2 dogs and made it to the top with no issues.

Fun! Once you get to the top of Huff n puff trail... great views :)

good hiking variety, level areas, minimal climb, huff and puff climb, scenery, port-a-potty

Trail was great lots of branch off trails to challenge everyone. Some steep declines not very suitable for kids. I rode my bike 3 1/2 miles out hiked 3 mile loop and then 3 1/2 miles back on bike the 10 mile journey took about an hour.

Great trail for some steep climbs and many paths

sunset time

Had a great time on the trail. must watch what you are doing especially on the decline areas. Beautiful views and will hike this much more.

Had a great time hiking and I got my son off his Xbox.

Easy trail- brought small dog on a leash and she loved it

Love this park. There are a bunch of trails, so your hike can be as short and easy or long and difficult as you want. I take my 5 year old daughter up pretty frequently. Amazing views of the Superstitions, especially from the peak.

Great Hike! Very fun to run! I Went when it was raining and it felt amazing!

Nice trail. If it's your first time be sure to have your hiking boots on (a real ankle breaker) and your GPS (trail name changes throughout. I started on Superstition and it changed to Creek then Baldy then ....) But it was nice and my dogs enjoyed it.

Good hike for first-timers!

It was a great hike. Came when it was almost too warm.