Shadow Mountain Trail

Shadow Mountain Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1 hour ago

Great w kids! Great views

Nice community trail. My kids are able to hike it with me.

Lots of different ways you can attack this area. I hiked on New Year's Day in the rain to the highest peak. It was fun. A bit technical towards the top but definitely easy

good and quick

GPX file offered by alltrails is different from what they show on the map. Ended up doing my own thing when I got out there. Trails were OK with alot of loose rock. No traffic, my dogs were able to roam free without leashes.

it was a lil difficult to navigate the trail all in all it was good

bit more robust than a moderate hike, not well marked but the views were amazing and with this app we kept pretty close to the trail.

I hiked a few months ago, in the winter, I am just now getting around to reviewing it. I grew up near here, but this is my first time hiking here. I always favored nearby Lookout mountain. Anyway, I parked in the neighborhood at 25th.pl. and Acoma, great little trailhead with room for a few cars. You can either go around the mountain or up the mountain. I chose to go up. Near the top it gets very steep with some scrambling, be careful. The views at the top are awesome and crowds are non-existent. This is a great hike for solitude in the city.