Seven Falls Trail

Seven Falls Trail is a 4.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Tucson, AZ that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I hiked this trail on my first trip to Tucson in March. The Eastern side of the trail had a pleasant amount of shade, and it was a fairly easy hands-free hike all the way through. Once we reached the falls, which are quite beautiful and refreshing, climbing up to them to dunk ourselves in the water required climbing through a narrow hole over a very slippery, wet rock. That was the only scary part. No one was hurt the tiniest bit.

I haven't hiked this yet ... I was trying to find out about taking my dog. This app says dogs are ok but I called the ranger station and they said dogs are not allowed at all.

Love the falls

Great day hike to play or nice trail run. Would be better with water at the end, hence the name. Going in the middle of summer when it hasn't rained in awhile, probably wasn't the best time. Still a great little hike and nice trail..

Great hike check weather before going

The enjoyment of this trail is seasonal. Best during Sep-Mar when the falls are running

I really enjoyed this hike once we got off the dirt and paved roads. Lots of traffic, but the trek to the waterfall is worth it. loved the scenery!

Great hike.

Many positive reviews for this trail. But 5 stars? We're not sure why it deserves this rating. The 'trail' actually starts out as a dirt road — and then a paved road — before it finally becomes a trail. It then parallels a bouldery, dry wash for almost 4 miles. But for about the last mile of that, you wonder, "are we there yet" and "is this going to be worth it"? There are no mileposts anywhere after you leave the asphalt road, so it's not clear. Well, ultimately yes you do reach the 'falls', but this is Arizona, so unless you are lucky enough to visit after rain or during the right season, of course there are not actually any waterfalls. However, there is surprisingly plenty of water still. But really just a few pools. So after 5 hot, dusty miles, you dip your feet in them and turn back. But here's where it gets tricky. Apparently the Forest Service employees are more interested in spending money on their fancy, air-conditioned visitor center than actual trail signage and maintenance. As a result, the trail is not so easy to follow on the way back. In fact, in some places it's downright impossible to discern where to go. We lost the trail several times! A few simple signs or cairns would have done the trick, but the forest service doesn't seem to care.

In summary: Nice pools at the end, but expect a hot, dusty hike for miles, many of which are paved with empty F.S. tour busses passing you.

This is an amazing trail! This was also my 6th hike to 7 falls waterfall. Beautiful weather, the sounds of water falling in the background, nature, building muscle and an adventure. For a moderate level trail, you just can't get better!

Who doesn't love a trail that leads to water. I've done this trail in July and was still able to swim.
This is a moderate hike that really only challenges you on the last .5 mi that is uphill with one switchback. There isn't a lot of shade so be sure to bring the necessities and it is almost an 8 mi in and out so plenty of water is a must. On our last hike a week ago I went all the way to the top and continued back, it was AWESOME! Just beautiful and serene with the lapping of water in my ear. definitely suggest getting back there for the adventurous types

I really enjoyed the fact that there is more than one trail! just be careful of the snakes..I would have continues if it had not been for them showing up..lol
I'll try again next time

Perfect right now from 4 to 7. Hike at a good clip and you'll finish at sunset and cool temps. Great trail for a leisure workout. I even saw a Gila Monster out there tonight near the top.

extremely easy with the moderate climb. endurance is really the biggest obstacle on this trail

It was moderate, I'm always tired after this hike. Started at 6 this morning to beat the heat, still got hot leaving at 9z

Well worth the trek. My father and I completed it in just under 4 hours with about a twenty to thirty min stop down at the fall. Beautiful views, easy and well worth the time.