See Canyon Trail #184

See Canyon Trail #184 is a 6.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Payson, AZ that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and fishing and is accessible from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

old growth

Nice hike in the Mogollon rim area. Could be a pretty quick hike so take your time and enjoy the sites. A lot of cool little things to see a long the way. Great weather! Bring lots of water and some snacks. There's a lot of moss growing all over and fungus. It's cool to see the different species of mushrooms. Most of them have little blue beetles living on them and underneath, they're are cool too. Pretty easy hike, you could always walk up the creek for a bit too, other wise you only cross the creek 3 times. A little strenuous the last mile or so, but still a hike worth doing.

Pretty unremarkable trail, but the solitude was great. Once you leave the trailhead which is busier than your local Walmart and get about half mile in it's nice and quiet. Several fallen trees to have to climb over-between fires and beetles they don't stand a chance. Last half: you may need a machete. Phone died about ⅔ up. Crosses Christopher Creek at 3 places. Lots of good possible campsites (nothing developed) all along the way.

Awesome trail!

If you're looking for a hike that goes to the top of the rim, this is one. However, I was disappointed that there were no great views from the top. Had I have known, I probably would have chose a different hike of similar length.

It took us little over 4 hours to hike out and back, with a detour stop at the See Spring (additional mile or more out and back.)

The trail was pretty with different terrain throughout. It could have been more enjoyable if the trail was recently maintained. I would recommend light-weight pants and possibly long-sleeved shirt due to the brush and grass that was covering the trail in spots. I wore shorts and got a few minor cuts on thorns. There were plenty of loose pebbles and rocks along the path that made it more difficult coming down the ridge. Perhaps some maintenance could help with that?

Overall, it was a nice hike. I enjoyed hanging out by the spring after the hike. There were plenty of people doing the same. I would go back to the trail head to relax by the water, but I wouldn't do the hike again. I would choose a different one that had beautiful views from the top.

Awesome hike with ample amounts of water. Pretty steep at points, with lush meadows of pine and wildflowers. We didn't hike all the way to the end but plan to next time!

Fantastic hike!

Easy to moderate at times, the creek follows the path most of the way until it switchbacks upwards and the creek is dried up. Lots of wildlife , did 8 miles, mostly shaded. You can go north (longer) or south ( hops back and forth over Christopher creek)

It wasn't the best hike, but it was definitely a great workout!

My wife and I hiked with our pug. 4 hours round trip up and back. Nice stream and lots of shade. Gets steep and rocky at times towards the end. Saw about 4 other groups of hikers.