Schuerman Mountain Trail

Schuerman Mountain Trail is a 5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Sedona, AZ that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from the junction of Routes 89A and 179: Take 89A west 4.2 miles to the traffic signal at Upper Red Rock Loop Road. Turn left and go .25 miles, passing the high school and turning onto the third driveway to the right. go 50 yards to marked trailhead parking.

We enjoyed the fact that this trail wasn't being used by many others and we found the view from the vista lovely. We think the description needs correcting, though, as we don't see a loop on the map, nor did we find one. We took the trail all the way to Lime Kiln trailhead with a side trip to the vista and it took us about 1.5 hours. Glad we did it but probably wouldn't revisit with so many other options to try.

The fork at the saddle to Sherman's Vista is what makes the hike worthwhile. My wife is 75 and was able to make it to the too.

Trail head is right behind the high school, as in parking lot boarders the trail head parking. Trail has lots of small rocks that weren't great for walking, trail itself was not that pretty though you did have some nice views of the red rocks and Sedona. It was a nice little workout short and a little steep. Nobody was on the trail which is always a plus with me. I'm still giving it 1 star because I've seen a lot of great hikes, I will say my wife gave it a 3 so one of us must have heat stroke as it was very warm.