Scarlet Canyon

Scarlet Canyon is a 3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Neighborhood trail part of the Phoenix Parks and Rec department but one of the lesser known trails that remains officially unnamed. You can go around the mountain or over the mountain. Mostly flat with lose sand and gravel. Makes mountain biking a challenge. There are some hills and boulders to navigate and the ascent up the mountain is very rocky. Lots of coyotes and jack rabbits in this park but I've never seen or heard of any snake sightings - still, i know they are there.

There were no trail makers. Without the map on line it would be hard to follow the various trail branches. The trailhead could have at least a map and area overview.

It's a great little hike for us when time is short.

I take my dogs no problem and it's pretty dead weekday ams so it's nice. tons of unmarked trails so I explore allowing my hikes to range from 2-7ish miles. to small an area to get seriously lost, off the original goal trail for sure though! Simple nice & quiet.

Unmarked trails. Definitely got lost. I took my dog with me and I don't recommend that. There is some rock climbing evolved if you actually want to get to the submit. It was a definite disappointment.