Rogers Canyon Trail

Rogers Canyon Trail is a 8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Gold Canyon, AZ and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

great hike, lots of shade trees, beautiful canyon. trail easy to follow but has overgrown branches.
great day hike but start early. almost 20 miles on dirt road to trail head (hour +)

Cliff dwellings at the end of the trail were well worth the hike in. Be sure to go to the upper dwellings. Hike itself not difficult - a bit of climbing to get up to the higher dwellings.
The drive in definitely needs a 4 wheel drive high clearance vehicle. we were in a high clearance vehicle without 4 wheel drive and struggled to get up the hills. Twice the passengers had to get out and walk. one time we pushed the vehicle. on the way in the hills are long and very steep. no problem coming back out.

Great hike. Nice and remote.

well we read the reviews and decided to do this trail today. Weather was supposed to be high of 94 today so figured we would be OK. wrong. couple of important things to note.
1.All the reviews detailing the hour long drive are spot on. .4x4 def helps!
2. bring lots of water! the creek was not flowing at all today. couple puddles left over from storms but thats it.
3. trail is quite over grown, especially from the turn off reavis ranch to rogers canyon. we made it 4 miles from the parking lot. before turning around. quite bummed i didnt get to see the ruins, but from my best guess reading the reviews, they are 4 miles from the turn off of reavis to rogers canyon. so that would be about six miles from the trailhead parking lot. pretty area, but def bring pants to deal woth over growth and be prepared for a good hike

Getting to the th takes about an hour in 4x4 conditions (I have a 2wd truck, but would have preferred a 4x). We took the Reavis Ranch trail to Rogers Canyon trail from the Rogers Trough th. 4 miles down (1100 feet) to the ruins, so bring LOTS of water! 2ls each is a minimum. The ruins are off to the right as you reach the 4 mile mark. There's a pretty distinct camp ground right off the trail. This trail is heavily cairned so it's easy to navigate.

This has to be longer than 7 miles. First you do need 4wd to get to the trail. My Jeep was covered in mud by the time the day was over. It does take an hour on the dirt road.

But the trail isn't very clear at times and I had no idea where I was going and just kind of winged it. Ended up finding the ruins and turned around asap. Hiked the last mile in the dark and wasn't such a good idea. So try doing this before 2pm.

This hike is well worth the trip. A 4x4 vehicle is almost a must just to get to the trailhead. The hike from the trailhead to the ruins is almost down hill the entire way so be prepared to hike out uphill which can be tough at times. This trail was more than I expected. At times I didn't even feel like I was in the desert. The trail crosses the creek 26 times and water was running so be prepared to possibly get wet. But this trip is well worth it. And yes bring lots of water. I filled my 100oz camel pack and drank all of it.

While on a business trip in Arizona a few years back, my Boss, his friend and I decided to hike this trail on our off day. The trail head is quite a drive off the beaten path and overall this is a moderate trail for beginners.

Recommend an early start, food and lots of water. Be very careful of hand placement when climbing, ran into lots of big tarantula's and snakes during the hike back right before dusk when the temps began to drop.

The Salado cave dwelling ruins were awesome and well worth the trek will upload the photos once I locate them.

Hope to get another chance to do this one again with my family.

Ok I'm a novice hiker, and I completed the trip in one day, but I wish I brought a sleeping bad, a tent, food, a helicopter, and more water (ran out right at as we got to the truck). This trail is a lot harder than it looks (for hikers that shouldn't call themselves a "hicker") fun and beautiful trail but LONG!!! Will attempt again after I get in better shape (current shape: Round)

Really nice trail. Be awere that the trail going back is not as easy as going down. being a beginner I found the climb back up pretty demanding maybe also because most of the trail is thru the dryed up river bed and walk mostly over rocks. Didnt finish it due to big clouds rolling in and running out of time but definetly planning on going back earlier in the morning

Awesome hike! But this is a dangerous hike for a few reasons, firstly the drive to the trail head is very rough, rocky, and some parts are steep! Secondly this trail takes you down at first about 1300 feet. What happens is that you hike in to the ruins going down hill mostly, check it out and then you have to hike up and out! Tired! You must have at least 4L of water per person. There is a nice stream, but animals contaminate it so bring water filtering gear! Do not drink this water untreated! It's not year round either so don't depend on it. Keep in mind if you go later in the day and come out late you will have to drive over 20 miles of dirt road in the dark. Some sections are thick with cats claw! We also ran into some large rattlers on the way out!!! It's an awesome trail but never advertised as hard as it is! Be safe! Bring GPS!