Red Rock Crossing Trail

Red Rock Crossing Trail is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sedona, AZ that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and camping and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Short and sweet hike without having to cross the creek. Red Rock Crossing, or Budha Beach as it is also called, is accessible from Crescent Moon Ranch. Very easy hike, with beautiful views of Cathedral Rock. Short and sweet hike without having to cross the creek. Red Rock Crossing, or Budha Beach as it is also called, is accessible from Crescent Moon Ranch. Very easy hike, with beautiful views of Cathedral Rock.

Great hike. Loved that the trail was shaded a lot of the way by the creek. Easy hike. Some great picture opportunities.

Great hike

This is in Crescent Moon Ranch and such a beautiful place. I did my maternity photoshoot here. Stunning views. Very crowded during the summer, but fairly empty during cooler months. $10 to park. The views are a must see.

Nice creek! My dog loved swimming in it. $10 entrance but very worth it on a hot day! Use Google maps to get directions to Red Rock Creek (when I used the "directions" feature on the App, it took me to the wrong place.) The address is Red Rock Crossing Rd, Sedona, AZ 86017

The creek is very nice. It has plenty of water, swimming holes and has areas to set up a day camp. Happy families filled the creek.
We were lucky to find a parking spot on a cross street nearby. The parking lot was full. We got there at 11am.
It made for a nice day. However, I'm not sure I will go back. We walked into the creek hearing loud music, as if we were going go a pool party in Las Vegas. We didn't know where it was coming from until we approached the creek...there was a DJ! He played all types of music: hip hop, mariachi, today's top hits, etc. Didn't expect that.
There are signs indicating no glass allowed but there was glass. The creek is VERY slippery due to moss build-up. I watched a guy slip 3 times with glass bottles in his hand. Not OK. That could cause for a serious bad day for multiple people.
Next time I go, it'll be on a week day, before the crowd.

Not really a hike but a very lovely walk to the river. Some beautiful views at the river itself and relatively low traffic.

Not a hike in my opinion, but still one of my favorite places to visit in the summer time if you want to cool off in the Creek. Red Rock Crossing is often less crowded than Slide Rock (and typically with less children). The path along the Creek is wide and surrounded by Cottonwood trees. The park has picnic tables, grass, bathrooms, verandas, and a historic water mill. It costs $7 per car, or if you walk in, it is $2 per person. But there is a way to avoid the ticket booth lady and enter the park from the side fence...or so I have heard...
Whether walking along the Creek, sunbathing on the red rocks, or soaking in the water, this is a peaceful place to spend a lazy Saturday afternoon.

Beautiful red rock formations with the sound of running water. Easy, level hike. Can deviate at the end of the "real" trail to climb to a higher elevation and get a nice panorama.

Short and scenic. Following the river is an easy hike. There is a small orchard up a hill opposite the river which you can climb to get 180 degree views of the area.

Amazing scenery!!!!

geocaching

We went here end of November! The colors of the trees are magnificent at this time of the year. We were there with our 8 year old son and our dog. Very easy trails, lots of beautiful picture opportunities, not too crowded, you can walk close to Oak Creek pretty much the whole time! Highly recommend this one!

Wonderful nature trail for handicapped with spectacular views. Not crowded during the week because of entrance fee.