Reavis Ranch Trail

Reavis Ranch Trail is a 24.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Apache Junction, AZ that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

....this is a wonderful trail that I hope to get back to soon. My son and I were a little pressed for time and unfortunately were only able to hike in a few miles and spend the night and back out the next day.....absolutely gorgeous!

Absolutely love this trail. Found it on a whim and I have been back to hike and backpack in. I've hiked this in February/March. The drive in can be a bit daunting (drive on the side of a cliff, but 4-wheel drive is not necessary) but well worth it. There is no shade so I recommend bringing plenty of water, sunblock and a hat.

Despite how many cars were parked I only saw 1-2 people each time I went. Wildlife is present, so do be on alert. I ran into a rattlesnake and a Gila Monster. Both kept to themselves but it's best to be aware.

I camped on one of the hilltop and the nighttime view was stunning.

Very difficult in the heat end of August 2015 was exhausting, November was awesome.

Amazing trail that is fairly easy coming from the North "th" and a slight more difficult if coming from the South "th". there is a very large camping area prolly close to about 1/4 a mile long next to the Reavis Valley Creek with cold water and great for a night under the stars. I recommend this trail if you want to just head out for a weekend and setup a base camp and have a fun day or 2 and just hang out at the creek. Loads of wonderful side trails and also the highest point of the Superstitions is only about 1/5 mile away. Enjoy this piece of history of Mr. Reavis himself. You can still see some of the old farm equipment and structure remnants. It is a very cool hike and not to be missed.