Pyramid Trail

Pyramid Trail is a 6 mile out and back trail located near Phoenix, AZ that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I'm a new hiker and in decent shape.This was my first completed trail and on the way up it beat me up, but after that it was a smooth trail to hike with awesome views. The wind and scenery are special treats. I was greeted by a Red Tail Hawk circling above me. There's a beautiful view of Phoenix right below where the Pyramid ends and the National Trail begins.

good! I hike there last Wed. this week.

it actually was a nice trail many areas to hike many paths too walk had a great time hiking the area

This might be the most bang for your buck trail on South Mountain. The first mile or so of Pyramid is easy and flat, suitable for jogging. But after that, it's a very steep climb to the top -- a real workout. The trail can get pretty rocky and narrow, too, so be careful both on your way up and down. The views are spellbinding. Once you reach the end of Pyramid, you'll be looking down upon the Telegraph Lookout structure. Highly recommend this trail! Also, I've hiked a loop of Bursera-National-Pyramid, which comes out to around 10 or 11 miles of hiking. That loop is probably my favorite South Mountain hike of all.

Great trail to work up a sweat, no matter what time of year. The switchbacks up the west side of the first peak will make those calves burn. The view of the south valley from the top is well worth the trip.

Nice steady climb after the 1-2 mile flat hike in. Once you think you've gotten to the top, think again. Keep on climbing!

One of my favorite running trails. You will see hikers and bikers and dog walkers and runners. Trail is marked fairly well and most times it's like a choose your own adventure book. Have you stopped in to see the Lost Ranch yet??

This hike starts very easy and then you see it the pyramid. The climb is pretty steep. Once you reach the summit it get extremely easy on route to telegraph pass or to the national trail.

very nice hike with good views. trail well kept. not crowded until telegraph pass. have done this trail several times at night on a full moon.

snowboarding

Nov 16, 2010: Very nice hiking experience. Great trail! Takes around 3 hours to hike in a loop to Telegraph Pass, descending to the parking lot at Desert Foothills Pkwy and back to end of Chandler Blvd. You won't see too many hikers on your way to the Pyramid.

Since the last review really wasn't one I'll give it. It is a relatively easy 3 mile hike to the top. About 1.4 miles into the hike is where the climb begins. After .8 miles of climbing it levels off till the top and the 3 mile mark. It took me 1.5 hours, but I mostly slowly jogged it. I think the 3 hours would be accurate taking your time.

Well I was a very nice day out, it had rained the night before. On my hike I decided to make it a loop instead a out and back hike. When I reached the end of pyramid Trail I connected with The National Trail heading west until I connected with the Lost Ranch Mine Trail until it split up from there I decided to take the Eliminator II Trail it was by far the hardest part of the entire hike. It looked like no one hade used it in a very long time. That trail was very narrow in various part, mostly on the edges lots of loose rock and gravel. Great views just be careful and watch your footing. I will do this one again