Peralta Trail

Peralta Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Gold Canyon, Arizona that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

While the end of the road is dirt, I've never had any difficulty in a passenger car.

Overall the hike wasn't too difficult, it was longer than expected but the scenery was beautiful, traffic wasn't too heavy, I wouldn't advise bringing a pet along with, it does get tight and steep in areas, but the work you put in is rewarded with views of Four Peaks!

Awesome hike. Great scenery! BUT I have a hard time believing the 4.9 miles round trip. Will definitely come back.

great hike will be back again

You will need to drive 5 miles on a washboarded road to get to the trail. On the day we went, I would say the trail was heavily trafficked. The Rangers were there and explained that the Peralta Trail is actually about 5 miles long, making it a 10 mile out and back if you do the whole thing. It also connects to other trails to make loops you can hike if you are looking for a longer adventure. We saw several people hiking up this trail with full camping gear, so I assume you are allowed to camp at large near the top. Overall, it was a beautiful hike, but definitely not an easy one.

For those using the directions provided, this will bring you to a small parking area and say "you've arrived at your destination," but there was no trailhead in sight. I asked someone and they said you need to continue up the road a few hundred feet. Ok, so when you arrive at that parking lot, just know that that is overflow parking. Other than that the trail is nice. Moderate to hard if your fitness level isn't the best. It's a steady and continuous uphill slope. The views are very nice, and there are several shady spots along the trail big enough for 3 or 4 you can rest in.

This was a fantastic hike! I have done this before but this time went further than the saddle. We went to the "tree" closer to Weaver's Needle. It only took an extra 35 minutes round trip! So worth it!

I stopped MANY times on the way up, to catch my breath, eat a snack, and most of the time takin in the gorgeous views! It was a fun hike :) It rained yesterday so there was a little stream of water that was falling so I guess it was a "waterfall" lol I think generally I would say this is moderate as compared to other trails I've hiked. Mostly because of the 2.5 miles constant uphill. Well worth the trip to the top (we passed quite a few people who stopped at various points before the top and I'm not sure why...). Go up there and see Weaver's Needle!

I loved the views. Beautiful hike.

loved the trail! van be misleading but super fun! will be back

nice hike... took a little looking around to figure out how to get to the tree lookout by weavers needle

Beautiful views everywhere you look. My favorite hike so far!

Beautiful rocks wonderful view at the top. Worth the climb up!

I love it! The view is breathtaking !! So worth to go all the way to the top !

One of my favorite trails in Arizona, the trails has everything you would want. Not to hard but challenging for a 60 year old guy. As always bring more water than you think you need. I used a 3 liter camel in the middle of Aug. Should have brought more.

Easily my favorite Phoenix Area hike. Beautiful views at the summit and along the way. Pretty wildflowers along parts of the trail in the spring. Start early to beat the heat, bring lots of water I needed nearly 3 liters, there is a restroom near the trailhead, and the parking area fills quickly on the weekends. Moderately difficult, I used my trekking poles.

Beautiful, with a reward at the top

Beautiful!