Peralta Trail

Peralta Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Gold Canyon, AZ that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

While the end of the road is dirt, I've never had any difficulty in a passenger car.

I love it! The view is breathtaking !! So worth to go all the way to the top !

One of my favorite trails in Arizona, the trails has everything you would want. Not to hard but challenging for a 60 year old guy. As always bring more water than you think you need. I used a 3 liter camel in the middle of Aug. Should have brought more.

Easily my favorite Phoenix Area hike. Beautiful views at the summit and along the way. Pretty wildflowers along parts of the trail in the spring. Start early to beat the heat, bring lots of water I needed nearly 3 liters, there is a restroom near the trailhead, and the parking area fills quickly on the weekends. Moderately difficult, I used my trekking poles.

Beautiful, with a reward at the top

Beautiful!

My favorite hike in the Phoenix area.

I don't know what moderate is. This showed an average grade of 14%, highest 19%, tough on the knees for a 79 year old.

Great hike, it does get warm fast so the earlier the better. Beautiful blue colored birds at the top, along with hummingbirds and ravens make it a good place to sit, watch and contemplate.

We thought that the hike will never end to see the Weaver's Needle. Unless you have plenty of time during the day, it's well worth the trip. The whole hike was very scenic and lots of mini 'wows' the big 'WOW' when you reached the peak. If you have weak knees, bring your hiking sticks and knee guards to lessen the stress on your knees when you hike down.

HOT! Make sure to get there early and take plenty of water and sunblock. For the first 2.5 miles is all uphill so stop as much as you want. There is decent shade on some areas. A lot of bees and lizards. Don't give up! the view is all worth it. Be careful on your way down since it's really slippery. Took me 3 hours and 20 minutes overall.

Hiking above the Summit (300 feet higher) and came down in the sunset and later pitch blackness. Lights worked well. Without them it is dark as hell. We stayed west of the path going up. A very long wash with cool structures and caves

nice day for a hike.

I hiked for 2 hours in to the side of weavers needle then headed back. Lots of colorful foliage. It was breezy and not too hot which made it nice.

Great hike. Steep enough to get the heart rate up. Beautiful view at the saddle.

Amazing views and a great endurance work out. The trail is beautiful start to finish. Start early it gets busy

Great views throughout the hike......especially the top. Some parts can be challenging and the climb gives one a good workout!

Great hike. A little challenging in places but overall great. In some places the trail isn't marked that well, so be careful. Also, watch out for snakes. We saw one on the trail and someone else warned us they saw one as well. Highly recommend for all levels. Fantastic views throughout the trail.