Pass Mountain Trail

Pass Mountain Trail is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mesa, Arizona that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great hike! Long, great views. My Fitbit tracker tracked over 9 miles though.

Great views and scenery, & definitely an easy hike without a lot of boulder climbing. I assume the 7 mile length is what takes this trail from easy to moderate. Well marked, easy to follow, & not once did I get lost. Excellent and will do again!

First time around Pass Mountain today and loved it! Great moderate hike/trail run. Weather was perfect - a little overcast and cool. A good amount of traffic but (hikers, mountain bikes, runners) but not overwhelming. Definitely some narrow parts of the trail. Went clockwise (against the recommendation of other posts) and definitely know why! Trail is easy to follow all the way around but definitely going to try it counterclockwise next time. Absolutely breathtaking views.

Love this trail. Awesome views once you get 1/2 way around.

Went counterclockwise as the other reviews suggested. It was an uphill climb the first couple of miles. Once you reach the top of the mountain you get a take-your-breath-away view. Then you travel along a relatively even, almost road, around the backside of the mountain. It was shady and cold! Lol (my husband and I did this trail in December.) The last few miles were pretty tedious as the sun was in my face the whole time, and the view consisted of suburbia, but it was a decent trail. For those that aren't aware, if you don't have a membership there's a $6 fee to get into the park.

My home practice trail.

great moderate hike. completed in 3 hours minimal stops

Went counterclockwise as suggested & I can understand why. Much better views & an all around more interesting & fun hike. Saw a few mountain bikers. The mountain bikers definitely will have to carry the bike sometimes but I can see it being a super fun bike trail other than that. We went super slow. Took lots of photos and sat down for luck for a while. It took us about 4 hours.

I biked this trail counter-clockwise so I could get the steep section on the uphill and enjoy a longer, gradual descent with views of the desert, not the city. Lots of hike-a-bike sections on both sides of the saddle due to the technical nature of the trail, but once you're riding again, the trail is super fun. I'll definitely do this trail again.

Go left at the trail head

Great hike, very scenic

Completed this trail today! Fun, scenic and would do it again but counter clockwise for variety.

Amazing hike. First time to go counter clockwise. found it only slightly harder than clockwise. start early!

counter-clockwise was definitely the best way to hike this trail. Great all around hike on a Thursday.