Pass Mountain Trail

Pass Mountain Trail is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mesa, AZ that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I biked this trail counter-clockwise so I could get the steep section on the uphill and enjoy a longer, gradual descent with views of the desert, not the city. Lots of hike-a-bike sections on both sides of the saddle due to the technical nature of the trail, but once you're riding again, the trail is super fun. I'll definitely do this trail again.

Go left at the trail head

Great hike, very scenic

Completed this trail today! Fun, scenic and would do it again but counter clockwise for variety.

Amazing hike. First time to go counter clockwise. found it only slightly harder than clockwise. start early!

counter-clockwise was definitely the best way to hike this trail. Great all around hike on a Thursday.

I would definitely do this trail again. it was even more difficult than expected as we traveled clockwise. I went with two other girls and we were the only ones going this way. I'm definitely going to have to try this counter clockwise. most of our hike was in the sun so it wouldn't made it cooler in the late morning.
I got overheated the last couple miles of the trail even though I brought 2L.
Gorgeous views, watch your footing and for other hikers, some narrow paths are not pass-able at the same time.

Pass Mountain east side from Bulldog Saddle trail head. Overflowing trash can at trail head and people don't clean up after their dogs in the first 1/4 mile.

What a wonderful trail! Came here during a cloudy morning and it was absolutely gorgeous, especially when I made it behind Usery Mountain. Despite the great things I have to say, this trail can easily become dangerous for anyone that doesn't pay attention to their surroundings. Fallen cacti on the trail, loose gravel near the edge of certain backdrops, and difficult rocky terrain were to name a few. Best to have some experience hiking before coming here.

I thought this trail was tough but very worth it! Great Scenery with animals all around :) some areas of the trail aren't easy to follow spec the rock areas. Got there around 5:30 and finished at 9. My favorite trail so far!!

A nice long hike, pretty easy other than the distance. Great views along the way!

Great day hike ... Best in November thru April on cool mornings.

Went clockwise. Seemed easier than counter clockwise. We wanted the sun at our back for the last leg. Good lookout with a nice rock to sit on about 2 miles in. Great shady spot a little less than halfway through. Took 3 hours. Counter-clockwise hikers looked like they were struggling.

Nice hike with beautiful views!

Hot but well worth it. Recommende by a friend and definitely a good early-day summer hike. We got a later start (7:30ish) and went counter-clockwise; met a half-dozen other sturdy hikers over the next few hours but finished at 11:00 promptly. Will likely do it again but start at 5:00 am!

Lots of bugs that sound like fleas. Then a bee began hectoring me till I broke out in a sprint. At the top of the hill there is a cave on the shady side of the mountain that has a good sized hive in it. Last week someone was stung to death by bees at this park, just stay at home and watch tv; it's very hot and scary outside. Just driving to the park anything could happen. Stay at home.