Pass Mountain Trail

Pass Mountain Trail is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mesa, AZ that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

What a wonderful trail! Came here during a cloudy morning and it was absolutely gorgeous, especially when I made it behind Usery Mountain. Despite the great things I have to say, this trail can easily become dangerous for anyone that doesn't pay attention to their surroundings. Fallen cacti on the trail, loose gravel near the edge of certain backdrops, and difficult rocky terrain were to name a few. Best to have some experience hiking before coming here.

I thought this trail was tough but very worth it! Great Scenery with animals all around :) some areas of the trail aren't easy to follow spec the rock areas. Got there around 5:30 and finished at 9. My favorite trail so far!!

A nice long hike, pretty easy other than the distance. Great views along the way!

Great day hike ... Best in November thru April on cool mornings.

Went clockwise. Seemed easier than counter clockwise. We wanted the sun at our back for the last leg. Good lookout with a nice rock to sit on about 2 miles in. Great shady spot a little less than halfway through. Took 3 hours. Counter-clockwise hikers looked like they were struggling.

Nice hike with beautiful views!

Hot but well worth it. Recommende by a friend and definitely a good early-day summer hike. We got a later start (7:30ish) and went counter-clockwise; met a half-dozen other sturdy hikers over the next few hours but finished at 11:00 promptly. Will likely do it again but start at 5:00 am!

Lots of bugs that sound like fleas. Then a bee began hectoring me till I broke out in a sprint. At the top of the hill there is a cave on the shady side of the mountain that has a good sized hive in it. Last week someone was stung to death by bees at this park, just stay at home and watch tv; it's very hot and scary outside. Just driving to the park anything could happen. Stay at home.

One of my favorite desert hikes walking AROUND a mountain - pretty cool. Took our time to enjoy the sights - awesome views. Other than the distance, it's a pretty easy hike.

Great hike, though I added quite a bit to it by starting at the end of Crismon Wash Trail. I don't recommend this as a starting point. Start at the regular trailhead or at the Wind Cave trailhead.

It was awesome! Had my 2 1/2 yr old on my back. Was scenic and fairly easy going. Beautiful views!

awesome... go counter clockwise for best view

long hike but so worth it.

Amazing unexpected views! Nice challenging and lengthy trail. Loved it! :-)

great hike. This is now one of my favorite trails

Straightforward trail in great shape, although it can get a little monotonous at times. The views on the east side are beautiful. There is little shade -- bring at least a liter of water!

Well maintained trail, scenic vistas. Highly recommend. Counter-clockwise rewards better views of the desert landscape at the cost of taking the steepest parts of the trail uphill.

7.5 miles. Went clockwise. Beautiful day, great scenery, little windy which was a little scary due to narrow trails.