North Mountain National Trail

North Mountain National Trail is a 2.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Solid hike, lots of dogs & traffic but on a paved/gravel Rd for part of it so trucks can access the radio towers on top. Very nice 360 views on the summit.

I've walked up this a bunch of times. It was a bit of a challenge for a guy my size (290lbs) but honestly not too bad once I completed the trek up and have gotten used to it.

It's okay if you're looking for something quick. You can reach the top in 25 minutes. Paved, mostly busy, great for dogs

Great trail for a moderate climb. Very busy especially on the paved section. The view from the top is beautiful and you can do this hike even with limited time (about an hour).

The 44 trail part of it is awesome, small trail, very rocky, a little scrambling and great resting spots if you like to climb a little. I'm not much of one for paved trails (the north mountain side), but the paved side is a great night hike or easy workout route.

Quick moderately difficult hike. Perfect if you want city views and a decent workout in an hour!

I think I would really like this trail but it wasn't what I expected. I've been to the top of N. Mountain before but I got there from 15th and Peoria. This one was so steep at the beginning and I wasn't prepared at all for that so I just turned around and went back. This was my first hike since the weather has gotten nicer so I think I need to build up to that again. So tomorrow I'll go to the other side that I know and tackle this one again when I get a little more conditioning.

Nice moderate hike, been twice and its my favorite!

Crowded and not a fan of paved trail. If you get off the pavement then there are quite a few one offs to enjoy and away from the people if you like more the serenity style. Quick up and down in 25 minutes if you just do the paved.

Awesome hike that anyone can do

Good in-town hike and fairly close to home. Crowded most of the time, but parking isn't a problem. Good views of the valley and nice homes and resorts! The paved parts are nothing, and takes away slightly from the hike. I go the complete loop because the rocky desert part of the hike is much better. Go around clockwise for a bigger challenge!

Amazing moderate hike! Used to live next door to this mountain and I loved hiking it every week!

Easy trail good for beginners still get a good exercise

The trail was quite easy for me to hike. Mostly hiked at night and a few during the day. Beautiful oversight of Phoenix and surrounding areas.

The trail was challenging to make it up to the top, especially, when you begin the steep side of the moutain. The view at the top is amazing. Its intriguing to see where the mountains and cities start and begin. It was easy coming down because the road is made of pavement, which makes it easy to relax while walking down.