Muggins Peak Trail

Muggins Peak Trail is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Wellton, AZ that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Ok hard to find the trail we mostly hiked up a wash

Easy trail with many variations of you feel like jumping off the trail. Quiet and quite beautiful at sunrise. Slot canyon is worth the drive alone, we plan on making it all around to the grotto during rainy season!

We hiked 6 mile loop (this is our third trip . The trail is not marked other than cairns ,making this navigation difficult. That being said. When you are out in the wilderness that's what you see. No agricultural fields, highways etc. so it is beautiful. Enjoy the beauty but be aware

A nice hike around the peak, mostly flat and would recommend a 4WD vehicle to get to the trail head.

I've hiked this trail and slight variations of it a half a dozen times. We find ourselves in Yuma in the summer so we plan our hike to begin just before sunrise so we can complete the 2-3 hour hike before it gets too hot. It can be difficult to locate the loop so having GPS is a big help. Once you leave the paved road, the dirt road requires a vehicle with decent ground clearance and 4WD is recommended. Alternatively, you can hike in from the paved road to reach the trailhead. While you get great views of the peak, the trail doesn't take you to the peak. However, it's easy to get to the base and even to lower areas of the mountain without any gear to get better views of the surrounding area.

I like this place. Some canyons for beauty, trails for exercise, and some really nice views Of the peak. Swear I saw some mountain lion scat!!

This trail offers some great views of Muggins Peak if you opt to hike all the way around it. It is fairly easy until the northeast side of Muggins peak where there are some moderately difficult portions. It took my wife and I about three hours to complete without any major difficulties. I would recommend it for anyone who is looking to get away from the house for an afternoon.