Mount Wrightson Loop Trail

Mount Wrightson Loop Trail is a 14.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

You can start this trail at Bog Springs Campground, Madera Picnic Area, or the Madera Ampitheatre. Around 1 mile in, the trail splits in two directions; one takes you past Bog Springs, the other past Sylvester Spring. Both paths are equidistant and meet up at Kent Springs after 2 miles. Around 2 miles later you will arrive at Amour Spring, then another half mile brings you to the junction with Crest Trail. This junction marks the end of Four Springs Trail.

12/29 - LOTS of snow on most of Old Baldy trail from 7500' to the summit. It varies from 1" to 10-12" around the switchback turns, and was very wet underneath. We had on low top hiking boots and our feet were soaked and cold for most of the trip.

This is one omg my favorites!!! Challenging at times but huge payoff in the end. There was about 1" of snow and quite a bit ice after baldy saddle but taking it slow will get the job done. Love the views and I highly recommend the hike. Be sure to plan a full day to take it all in.

This trail was great. Challenging but worth it for the great views. My 10 year old son was able to handle going to the peak and back down. He was pretty exhausted afterwards but was glad he did it.

Awesome views!

Did the Super Trail round trip. There is a fork about half way up, there is a tribute to the lost boy scouts, stay right to stay on Super. It is longer than Old Baldy but I enjoyed it, much better views. YmThe hike was amazing. It had rained recently so all the creeks and waterfalls were running pretty good. There is a lot of vegetation growing over the trails so wear pants. I took 4 liters of water, drank 3. The hike is long but worth it. Highly recommended.

awesome hike. I can't wait to try it again and make it all the way!

what an awesome and hard trail. I took the long route there approximately 14 miles and took me 7 hrs. what an awesome hike and view, come prepared bring plenty of water and snacks.

Great views, greenery and wildlife

I hiked Super Trail to Josephine Saddle and then Baldy trail to Old Baldy Trail And 1 mi more to peak . Did it in March with a little snow starting before the Baldy Saddle.. Great workout I loved the hike. I rate it 5 stars

We did this trail on Thanksgiving day for the first time and I must say, it was an excellent workout. we took the old baldy up and out. it took us 8 hours. We are in our late 60s and thoroughly enjoyed the hike. It wasn't too difficult except it was very windy when we got to the top and since we were moving, ee didn't mind the 30s degree weather. We definitely will do Wrightson again when the heat begins in tucson.

Can't beat the scenery. Well kept trails and offers different challenges. Old baldy is knarled and rocky 2.2 miles to the saddle where as the Super (contrary to the first .25 miles) is smooth sailing 4.2 ish stretch. Twice as long but same elevation. After the saddle nothing changes. Super takes the back side (Sonoita views) and continues smoothly up to the summit where as baldy continues challenging to the bitter end on the front side. All in all the 2 trails carve out a figure 8 so you have options. I won't touch on Agua Linda trail because I've never done it but the warning signs make me think it's legit. I grew up looking at this mountain range my entire teenage career and helped fight a fire on it so maybe I'm biased but I love this hike and every time I come back to visit I always make time to get up there.

Love this trail. Easier on the knees and lungs then Old Baldy. It can be hot in some spots though between Josephines and Old Baldy Saddles in the summer months. What a workout.

I, for some reason, decided to hike this on the hottest day we've had in Southern Arizona. I went up with a hiking partner as we're training for Whitney. The trail was good, but there was little shade and it was HOT, HOT, HOT. There is as nice saddle near the tops (one mile to go) where we had lunch and sat in the shade to rev up for the summit. It took us maybe thirty minutes from there to get to the top. It was a little steeper but not as bad as the switchbacks before that point. We summited around 1 p.m. We signed the book. Only complaint, that of course is no big deal, were the bugs at the top. Tons of them. I ate three. We started down and were back at the car at 4. I think we would have been quicker but the 100 plus heat zapped us a bit. This is a great hike for a workout. Really kicks your butt on the uphill. If scenery was a tad better, I'd give it a 5.

Went up and down the old baldy trail. Trail was well kept, and easy to trek up. First hike in a long time so I was a bit winded and had to take a view breathers on the way up. Third time attempting, this time I made it to the summit! Definitely worth it. Amazing views! Sadly the summit was impossible to stay at for longer than a few minutes as flys and other bugs had taken over (just HORDES of them) but worth it nontheless. The mountain has a pretty crazy history as well!

Awesome hike. No wind on the top this day so I spent an hour up there reading a book and enjoying the view. Old Baldy trail up. Super Trail down. Super trail is definately easier on the knees going down.

the most beautiful hike in the Tucson region. the views are unbelievable. water can be found at the half way point.

Rainy and Cold. Love this trail!

Low clouds, a bit rainy up high, windy and a great day to be on the mountain. Super trail to Josephine saddle, old Baldy trail to the top and back to Josephine saddle, then Old Baldy trail back down.

Beautiful Hike, flowers in bloom, great 360 degree views