Mount Lemmon Trail

Mount Lemmon Trail is a 9.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mt Lemmon, AZ that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from April until October.

Directions from Tucson: Take the Catalina Highway off Tanque Verde Road in Tucson. Drive 4.2 miles to the Forest boundary and continue 28 miles, past Mt. Lemmon Ski Valley, to the power substation on Radio Ridge. Hike west on the trail to a dirt road. Hike down the road to the trail junction.

The area was beautiful, but I wish I would have known how rocky the trail is!

It was the greatest hike ever

Good time!!

Such an awesome trail. Check weather before setting out. Some parts of the trail have no shade what-so-ever and can be grueling. Worth it, though!

Beautiful Trail on the way up.

Mt Lemmon was our family's escape from the city of Tucson! We lived there for 6 years and at least once a month if not more took the trip up the mountain! I loved it because you started going up through saguaros, and all of sudden you go around a corner and you are in a forest of pines! Loved feeling the mountain air after being in the summers of AZ. It averages about a 20 degree difference once you reach the mountain town on the top. There is a great gorge in the back to take a hike where hardly anyone goes! Easy enough for my toddlers to walk along with a little help. I will miss Mt Lemmon for sure! This is also where my husband proposed to me, and where we had our first kiss! Mt Lemmon holds a very special place in my heart.

All the Mt Lemmon trails are great - especially when you need some cooler air