Mormon Loop Trail

Mormon Loop Trail is a 5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, AZ that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

scenic driving

I love this trail if not for the great rock scrambling I do.

Great trail running loop

Great loop! First time running this loop, but it was beautiful and challenging. Highly recommended!

Hiked about 6.5 miles on this trail, it could go on forever. The earlier you go the better, try and beat the heat! Made it to Fat Mans pass and Hidden Valley, both a must see. Will be coming back.

I loved this trail, I'll definitely do it again, however I'll go a lot earlier and I'll bring a lot more water next time because it gets really hot!

What a fun and challenging hike so close to the city. Hiked on a June morning as the sun just came up. Went at a moderate pace and really enjoyed the city views and the mountain air.

I came through from Ridgeline trail and did 1/2 the loop and descent of Mormon trail . . . was wonderful and beautiful except for the last mile. Much too rocky for me. Love Ridgeline

Not the most exciting trail, but there are some cool spots here and there. The forest of Saguaros is awesome. Not well sign posted... easy to get off trail without noticing for a while. Overall a pretty good hike, especially if you're not looking for anything too steep.

Early

great rocky trail.for a beginner like me,it was an effort to complete the loop,but well worth it.

Today I went looking for Geronimo, but did not find it. GPS has it at 1865-1869 E. Dobbins but it is not accessible from Dobbins. Taking a closer look at the trailside map later on, it looks like it is accessible from 20th street. Since I was already close by I headed up Mormon. I have done it before but probably not in a year . Good trail . There is some steep climbing and great desert beauty. The cactus are in bloom! I know it connects to Hidden Valley but I didn't get that far. 3.5 miles anyway so not too bad. One of many excellent South Mountain trails.

Scenic. Good climb up. Petroglyphs. Nice view of city. Lots of rocks!

It was all uphill but relatively easy to navigate. Only hiked about an hour in order to get to a nice vantage point from which to see the "valley of the sun". Will do it again.

Beautiful scenery.

Completed the loop with the home stretch of the loop of our hike reaching hidden valley and then fat mans pass. We were running low on time so we didn't get a chance to fully explore hidden valley or even see fat mans pass but will be back to see it next time! I'm still a little out of shape so some of the uphills were rough but it wasn't too bad of a hike. I enjoyed it (as did the dogs) and the flowers along the trail were an added bonus. My suggestion would be to get there early..we were finishing our hike about 1030am and there were sooo many people coming up we had to stop a lot on the way down. Too congested for my taste at that time...but when we got there it was nice!

Easy hike, a simple little view, but the cave and slide are cool