Monument Peak Loop Trail - PATS

Monument Peak Loop Trail - PATS is a 3.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Payson, AZ that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Monument Peak Loop Trail is part of the PATS. This hike has everything from shaded wooded areas, a small seasonal stream and an open meadow.

Very sandy with loose rocks. But overall very well marked and great trail.

Moderate hiking trail. Lots of gravel but clear path to follow. Not a lot to see on the trail

Well marked, easy trail. Surface sandy, gravely. Pleasant walk

An easy to find and hike trial, with good trail markers. About a mile of the trail does not have much tree cover so on a warm day, if you go in the afternoon, can be a bit hot. Snow was melting so the little creek was active with little waterfalls. Not much in wildflowers or wildlife yet. I would suggest bringing in an extra trash bag - we came across a lot of trash along our hike. Also, a lot of motorized traffic (ATVs, Gators, dirt bikes), a lot. We were having to continually be on the look out and get out of the way for those people. We only encountered one other couple on foot during our hike. Trail is really close to town and you are basically in the backyard of some Payson residents. All in all it was a nice hike but it will most likely not be a repeat trail for me.

super fun, and easy enough with the whole family. my wife and I took all four kids and the older two who walked loved it! I will come again for sure.

Nice trail. Mostly in the sun, so it was a bit warm on an 85 degree day. Great for the dog. Tiny creek along one side. Combo of pine trees and shrubs. Overall nice for an easy day hike!

Hiked it on a Friday afternoon, nary is soul on the trail, just me and my spouse. Easy and very well marked, great hike

This is a very easy, well-marked trail. Not too many people and only one horseback rider along the way. Also did some geocaching along the way. Picked up a bag of trash at the trailhead before leaving. I can see why it is a favorite.

I hiked the boulders loop (at the end of Phoenix St) with my beginner hiker wife, nice trail, we spent about 3 hrs on this trail. Because we were taking it easy it allowed us to enjoy the scenery more. This loop takes you to Monument Peak.

Nice little easy trail with lots of opportunities for shade. The only drawback is that this is very close to many Payson homes.