Montezuma Castle National Monument Trail

Montezuma Castle National Monument Trail is a 0.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Camp Verde, Arizona that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

scenic driving

old growth

Montezuma Castle National Monument, located near Camp Verde, Arizona, in the Southwestern United States, features well-preserved cliff-dwellings Marvel at the 1,000 year old legacy of the Sinagua as you explore the ruins at Montezuma Castle National Monument. A paved, 1/3 mile loop trails takes you through a tranquil sycamore glade and past the ancient cliff dwellings of a people surprisingly similar to ourselves.

Cute little place for 20 minute walk ..

Nice view!

Very quick and easy walk to the ruins. Also has a little museum to visit too.

Good stop between Phoenix and Sedona. Really just a short paced loop to view the castle from below on ground level.

Definitely not a hike. A little pricey too for only the one view, but I am glad we went.

I wouldn't call this a hike or a trail. It's a paved sidewalk that allows you to explore the castle area and gives you various places to stop and read signs and see how life was back in the castles hay day.

The information here and the sights are great, but I gave it only 3 stars because it's a national monument visitor's center-- not a trail or a hike by any means.

Worth seeing for sure!

We did this, fossil creek hike, and tonto natural bridge hike all in one day.

Interesting for history, but not much for the money.

Interesting site. disappointed couldn't access closer. more of a walk than a hike.

Maybe I was just thinking there was going to be more to it. But you park and pay to walk in and its over before ya know it. Cool site to see, but nothing to write home about in my opinion. I thought Montezuma's Well was actually cool than the castle. But again, thats just me.

A very pleasant place! We drop by once a year on "Free NP Entrance Day". I usually take my dog. There is a great little museum and the trail follows Beaver Creek. There is plenty of shade and benches to sit upon. Great for kids and disabled folks!

Very easy walk, but worth it for the history! Pictures make it look so small.