Miller Peak Trail

Miller Peak Trail is a 9.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Hereford, AZ that features a great forest setting and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful hike, great views. Trail was easy to follow. More information here: http://yourcameraisnotbigenough.blogspot.com/2015/10/finding-autumn-in-southern-arizona.html?m=1

It's all uphill so be prepared for a small challenge but the views are spectacular. On one side is Mexico and the other is America!

Awesome hike, moderately challenging, great views! Trailhead begins in the Montezuma's Pass parking lot, and takes you through countless switchbacks. The summit is easily achieved with 0 climbing required. Set aside around 6 hours for the out-and-back and enjoy the hike!

Did this beautiful hike last weekend. Could not have asked for a better day. Scattered clouds, high 70's - low 80's. Saw maybe 10 others on the trail. About 10.5 miles total with an elevation gain of 2,000 feet. Challenging but very doable; took me about 5 hours and I was taking lots of pictures. Wildflowers galore and the trail was overgrown in some areas but never lost sight of the trail. So green and beautiful. No animals or trash anywhere. I did have to ration my water so make sure you take enough with you. My iPhone indicated I was in Mexico when I was standing on the peak!

Good hike today. We only went up the trail until it crosses the wash and heads up the mountain. The water was running a various spots, but was not running in most places. No trash but we did see the bear dropping mentioned in a previous review.

its a good and challenging hike. There wasnt much trash present when i went (June 2015). parts of the trail severely lack shade (due to past fires) make sure you bring a good hat and a ls shirt. bring 3 liters of water at a minimum! I brought 3l and ran out on the way back down (3/4 near the end). There are signs of predatory animals. Bear scat was directly in the middle of the trail (fresh too) on the backside of the mountain.

The trash talked about in previous reviews was nowhere to be seen. Beautiful vistas all around. The first two miles are the hardest part; if you can get through that the rest of the hike isn't as bad. Reaching the summit was well-earned. My group stopped and ate lunch before returning down to the parking lot. No wildlife today; just lizards. About 10.5 round trip. This is a really good day hike and I would recommend it to people visiting the area or locals looking to do something different.

Awesome hike! All single track which is great. So much wildlife to see. During the fall monsoons the wildflowers were everywhere. The first portion of the hike is decently rough. The view is amazing. If you are in the area this trail is worth it! I suggest going in the evening to see the sun set, ensure you bring a headlamp if this is the case.

I'm in the military training at Ft. Huachuca and this hike was quite the challenge for me! Though I am no stud of any sort this hike was a challenging one at the pace my two buddies decided to take. Give yourself about 6 hours to get up and down. 7 if stopping to take pictures or take in the view at regular intervals for the trail is very treacherous in the dark. The sun also sets on the opposite side of the mountain so if you think you're barely going to make it you're probably going to be needing a light soon! Have fun! The scenery is absolutely gorgeous and it seems as if people have cleared out most of the trash posted about in earlier posts (PRE-2011) enjoy the hike!