Merkle Memorial Trail

Merkle Memorial Trail is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mesa, AZ that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from November until April.

i had fun with this one with what appeared going off the usual trail sitting atop my own mountain, trail running and steep climb is my experience, would do again its near my home

Super easy. Great for kids.

Man was stung 1000 times and died.

Great hike under the moonlight and kid/Stroller friendly.

Our second hike. The loop was nice and easy. Going over the top wasn't tough, but it did get us breathing a little harder. Great view of the valley from the top.

I love this loop. My girlfriend and I go over the Vista trail then run around the Merkle then back over the Vista .Pretty easy.

Hiked this with my grandmother. It was perfect for her because it was completely flat and there were plenty of benches along the path so she could stop and rest when she needed to. I believe it is also wheelchair and stroller accessible, though it is not paved. Lots and lots of cacti around. Go clockwise around the loop for the best views.

A good hike. Very smooth, very easy. Don't stray off the path as there are lots of spiny bushes and cactuses so may not be a good idea for free roaming kids. The scenery is beautiful.

Five if you have little kids. Great little hike with my three kids (3,2, and 8 months) and my friend with her three kids. Got a little hot this time if year, but was a flat easy hike. Lots of cacti so no off trail exploring for the kiddos. The covered playground at the trailhead parking lot is a great place to relax. There are picnic tables there too.

A short looping trail which takes around 10 minutes to walk around at the foot of a peak. Very easy and suitable for all. Highly recommend the Vista Trail instead which is in the same location.

Great trail to enjoy with children. Leasurely stroll through and watch for wild life.

This is an easy trail to take with young children.