Wagner-Granite-Bluff Trails

Wagner-Granite-Bluff Trails is a 5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Scottsdale, AZ that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A super simple hike close to town... Cool views of the city... Still close enough you could probably do it on a long lunch break... nothing to write home about but gets you outside...

A much mellower alternative to Camelback.

All the hike details on my blog:

I went with our hiking club and was impressed with the trail where you could walk without having to look down at the terrain.

Based on the map, I think this trail has been renamed and is now called "Scenic Trail." It's a nice, flat, easy hike/walk.

Great hike. Super easy- pretty flat but when you climb the Mesa it's got great views. We hiked around 830am - there was no wind so the flies were terrible!

One of my favorite places to spend my time. If you're confident enough try to break off the trails and head for the peaks. I hiked 4 of the peaks that were above 3000' and the last one of the four was Thompson Peak, which measures in at 4000'. The peaks that don't have names are my favorites. There's an absolutely gorgeous peak sitting at 3700' next to the sunrise trail that I think most people should check out. You can also run across that ridge to get to the next peak and then ultimately get to Thompson Peak from the same ridge. Anyways enough about cool stuff and just go here. Not very many people so you definitely get to enjoy your peaceful alone time. On the Google maps link, check out the terrain map and it will give you a good perspective.

Great loop with beautiful views. You can even see the Fountain at Fountain Lake off in the distance. We were walking along the shared path and decided to go off trail through the wash. We ran into the largest jack rabbits Ive ever seen! It was so quiet and peaceful. We had a great time! The trails are pretty flat so the kids had no troubles at all. Next time, we'll bring the bikes!